DrugRating

Find, rate and review Drugs and Medications

Tri-Sprintec reviews

Add a picture of this drug Save this listing Search again
Tri-Sprintec
drug
Category:  birth control / contraceptives
Generic Name:  Tri-Sprintec
Profile updated: 4/13/08    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

average quality
Rating: 3.2 out of 5 based on 43 reviews.

Drug Tri-Sprintec has a fair overall rating on DrugRatingz.com.

New! - Questions and answers about this drug

Submit a news article about this drug Rate this drug
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by DrugRatingz.com.
KEY Date

a

l

u

e

Comments

Click to report rating
 10/7/13   5     1     1     1   I just started my second month today, and I'm really fed up with the pill. When I first started this pill, I got bad acne, and I couldn't sleep at night. Every single night I had nausea, stomach cramps, and I couldn't fall asleep. I'm still having these symptoms. My eyes are incredibly dry all the time, and I'm tired all day long. I feel like a zombie to say the least. I'm weak, have constant headaches, and my sex drive is COMPLETELY gone. The worst part of this pill, is how moody and depressed I've been. Literally, everything pisses me off. I'm usually a pretty easy going person, but at about the middle of the first month, I've been so ****y. My boyfriend asks me what my problem is, and I can't even tell him. Seriously, everything makes me mad. I just don't really care about anything. I hate this feeling, and I'm not taking this pill ever again. I feel like the life has been sucked out of me. RID: 8563
Click to report rating
 8/14/13   5     1     3     5   Effectiveness is 100%. I have been on Tri-Sprintec for 18 months,and have had absolutely no problems with effectiveness. It does exactly what it is supposed to do. Side effects for me include- Complete loss of libido. I have not had any drive for sex at all since about a month after I started Tri-Sprintec, which is when it takes affect. Another side effect is depression. Never have I ever had worse depression than when on Tri-Sprintec. Also, stomach swelling has become a problem. After eating or drinking usually anything. I am extremely mood-swingy and I thought it might be just because I'm a woman pms-ing, but really, it's the birth control. Just crying emotional. Now I'm angry and sad and extremely irritated and my emotions are bursting. It is convenient, if you remember to take it. I set a calendar appointment on my phone for "daily" at the same time. So I had no problems. Unless I'm not using my phone that day. Also, I have insurance so I pay nothing. RID: 8542
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

1/28/13   4     1     4     3   I've been on tri sprintec for 1 year now, and it has been quite an adventure. When I first started taking this pill, my face broke out worse than it has ever been before, and it remained that way for about 2 months. It has since died down, however I am still constantly broken out and now have tons of scars- which now seems like nothing compared to the horror I had when I started it. As far as birth control- it's fine, and it helped my horrible cramping I would have during my period and mid-cycle. However, I feel this drug has really changed me.. Over time I have become very short tempered and emotional, I'm driving my boyfriend crazy and often alienating myself. Sometimes I flip out about something and then turn around and feel completely happy and calm. Over the last two months I've felt in a fog- i get confused easily, forget things- This isn't normal of me at all- but for the 7 days I take the placebo pills I feel more sane- Pay attention to how this drug affects your mental state RID: 8426
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

2/20/12   5     2     5     4   I've been taking this pill for 9 months now. At first it gave me HORRIBLE mood swings. I'm normally a happy person, but the first 5 months or so I was extremely irritable and it caused a lot of emotional issues with my boyfriend. I cried or got unreasonably upset over nothing at least twice a week. I'm not like that anymore, however, I still occasionally get mood swings (normally just before my period). It also makes me very nauseous if I take it on an empty stomach. I usually wake up in the middle of the night and vomit if I take it without food. I also noticed that since I've been on this pill I've been extra discharge-y, which is unpleasant. Other than all of that, it's a pretty good pill. It cleared my skin up a generous amount, it hasn't affected my sex drive at all, my breasts grew a bit, and it has been very effective. RID: 8169
Click to report rating
 2/14/12   5     1     1     2   During the three months that I was on Tri-Sprintec I did not incur any pregnancies, so it was certainly effective... however I had no sex drive to speak of and probably only engaged in intercourse 3 or 4 times. Along with no sex drive, I also experienced stomach pains and nausea, facial hair(?!), extreme vaginal dryness, and painful & long periods. I also noticed that my mood while on Tri-Sprintec was very apathetic. I just felt empty. The price was right ($9) but the side effects were inconvenient and just not worth it for me. RID: 8163
Click to report rating
 3/17/11   5     2     4     4   Well, I thought that I had no sex drive because of emotional issues for the longest time and I couldn't figure out why nothing I was trying was helping...but I guess it turns out that it was actually because of this birth control! I feel a lot better, although I'm not in the mood to switch pills for the third time but oh well I guess. My boyfriend has felt so awful about all this, like I'm not attracted to him anymore...so I'll be switching asap lol. But besides this I haven't really had any issues. I did grow a cup size or so (not as much as when I was on Yaz), didn't gain any weight, my skin has mostly been clear minus a couple pimples a month (although admittedly they last foreverrrrr, totally relentless), and haven't had mood swings. Too bad about the sex drive thing, otherwise it was great for the price! RID: 7767
Click to report rating
 3/5/11   5     1     4     5   AT FIRST this drug seems like a blessing since it's cheap and it prevents pregnancy. Yes, those are it's only plus sides. ON THE OTHER HAND, all of it's side effects outway the benefits. The pill did not clear my skin or affect my flow, but instead I gained weight fast. My **** grew significantly (this is either a pro or a con, you decide) and I had headaches and intense mood swings. Unlike other reviews, however, my libido increased because the pill made me more comfortable having sex minus the worry of getting pregnant. Taking this pill IS A RISK! I rather not take generic brand anymore. RID: 7749
Click to report rating
 2/17/11   3     1     3     5   3 for effectiveness - because i really don't know. I have lost my sex drive since started these 5 months ago. I don't want my husband anymore. I've become very depressed and angry. I get headaches i never had. But, yes - my skin cleared up and my **** feel fullier. My hubby begs me to stop using them. Hello condoms (hate them, but don't make me feel miserable). Price - 9$ - is excellent RID: 7724
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/3/11   3     3     5     3   Well I'm only 16 and this is my first time ever having birth control, and I'm really nervous about taking it, I just took it today and I'm hoping I don't have any bad side effects, I don't understand how it makes you gain weight though, does it just make you want to eat all the time? RID: 7681
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/29/10   5     1     5     3   Well I would say that the side effects for this drug really depend on the woman. Everyone reacts differently. For me I have gained about 10 pounds and havent been able to get it off. For those of you who say look at your diet, I exercise 4 to 5 times a week dont overeat and have been extremely active my whole life. I also dont gain weight very easily. Also, I dont have much of a sex drive, and as a newly married woman that can cause some problems. I think that this drug is causing these side effects. I will be talking to my doctor soon to see what she thinks, but for me this drug has been horrible. With the weight gain I also have a lower self esteem because I dont normally gain weight so quickly. However, if it works for you thats great! Give it a try to find out. For me it just isnt the right drug. RID: 7583
Click to report rating
 3/4/10   5     1     5     5   I am 20 and used to be on Yaz then it increased in price so I switched to Tri-Sprintec and was on it for a few months I went with out birth control for about a year now and just started back on Tri Sprintec...Im on my 2nd week and have been SERIOUSLY mean and negitive and have faught with my bf over nothing and just stopped talking to people out of no where and just have been really moody with really bad sudden headaches I am going to switch pills asap bc I dont want to be like this anymore I am a happy person all the time but this pill has completly changed that! RID: 7360
Click to report rating
 12/14/09   5     4     5     5   I am going into my second month of Tri-Lo-Sprintec and it has been great! The only side effects I've experienced were light spotting and an upset stomach if I take the pill on an empty stomach. Other than that this pill has been perfect. No mood swings no nothing. Love it and definitely recommend to everyone! RID: 7257
Click to report rating
 12/4/09   5     3     5     5   I think its a great pill so far. Its helped alot with somethings. Ive only been on it less than a month and this is my first time using birth control. I have gotten spotting but thats normal my doctor told me. Its help with my skin some what. Other than the spotting i have nothing bad to say about it, Its great! RID: 7240
Click to report rating
 11/28/09   5     5     5     5   Well, I have to disagree with a lot of people here. This birth control is GREAT! The price is wonderfully cheap & the pill works like a charm. Sure, the first week I had side effects & I had nausea the hour I took the pill, but after week one, NO MORE NAUSEA! :) There have been zero side effects. I now have a period that is on schedule for once & for the first time in my life, I have no more cramps! It's amazing. My skin looks healthier & I have a glow. :) Just after taking the pill for one week, it works effectively. My boyfriend and I don't have to use condoms anymore & there are no worries of pregnancy, which makes sex even better. ;) The pill is miniscule & easy to swallow (no need for water...I usually hate taking pills, but this pill is easy to take). So I say yes, Tri-Sprintec is a great pill. Great price, easy convience, minor side effects in the first week, & it works, oh yes, it does! :) I guess different pills work for different women. RID: 7232
Read this rating's feedback
Click to report rating
 5/16/09   5     1     5     2   I've been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for almost 4 years from Planned Parenthood for free. However I now have a well-paying job and no longer qualify to get OTC Lo from PP. I went through my health insurance and found that the pharmacy price was $40/month for the pack. I decided to give Tri-Sprintec a shot since it was only $9. My doctor told me it was almost the same as OTC lo except for the estrogen amounts. This week was my first week taking it and I had to stop as of last night (Day 5). The first few days, I was okay and only had slight dizziness at work. On Day 5 and most of today (Day 6) I have experienced rapid heartbeat, extreme migraines, nausea, sharp chest and abdominal pain, extreme moodiness, insomnia, and severe hunger. I called my doctor right away and I'm immediately back on OTC Lo. I was hoping to save money and use Tri-Sprintec, but the $31 I save was not worth what I went through the last couple of days. RID: 6878
Click to report rating
 4/21/09   5     1     5     5   I used Tri-Sprintec for only four months before switching because of the following side effects: extreme mood swings, heavy fluid retention and bloating, and worst of all: FREQUENT YEAST INFECTIONS (dryness, itching and discharge every single month after menstruating). Switched back to Ortho TriCyclen Lo and yeast and mood swings are gone. RID: 6839
Click to report rating
 4/19/09   5     5     5     5   I have been using Tri Sprintec for the past 4 months & completely love it! Before trying it, i googled it & was extremely nervous considering all the negative reviews, but I decided to give it a shot since Wal-Mart sold it for $9! To my extreme delight I was thrilled with the benefits of Tri Sprintec. NOT ONLY is my skin beautifully clear & smooth, my periods are short, & I don't experience any harsh cramping & other unpleasant PMS symptoms. In response to all the comments regarding the following: Weight gain, Mood swings, Low energy levels.... and so on... Ladies, please examine your diet. Sure, birth control might interfere with your normal hormone levels... but in reality it is attempting to balance them. Before you bash any type of birth control please evaluate your nutrition, amount of sleep you get each night & any other unfavorable "side effects" you are experiencing. Your unhealthy lifestyle might be causing it. NOT the birth control. I completely recommend Tri Sprintec. RID: 6835
Click to report rating
 4/13/09   1     1     1     1   I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for a few years, but I need to save more money so I switched to this pill. I only made it through 8 days on this pill before I could no longer physically or mentally take it. I was fine up until about day three and I started to experience the following symptoms: DEPRESSION, NAUSEA, PANIC ATTACKS, INSOMNIA, EXTREME FATIGUE, DIZZINESS, MOOD SWINGS, WEIGHT GAIN (124lbs to 129lbs in one week). I cried every day. When I was able to sleep, I had nightmares. I never felt hungry, but I had to force myself to eat because my whole body would start trembling. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!! It's not worth the extra savings! RID: 6823
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    3/27/09   5     1     4     5   Depression, moodiness, nausea, vaginal dryness... and I guess I had it easy compared to some. I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen and then the pharmacy started filling my script with Tri-Sprintec. I felt sick for about two months and then still if I missed a pill and had to take two closer together. The worst side-effects were the depression and irritability. I am an emotional person anyway, so for awhile I just assumed it was me (easy to do when my doctor told me that it was impossible for the pill to be causing those symptoms). Having been off this pill for over a month, I know that it can and DID make me feel bad. Now I am scared to go back to any pill and am looking for other non-hormonal contraceptive options. RID: 6768
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    3/4/09   5     1     3     3   i have been on trisprintec since january,and i had bled every day for a month straight taking this,and my mood swings are of the charts. i start crying out of no where, and my emotions about things change at the drop of a hat.it does what its supposed to do,but im tired of the mood swings. RID: 6708
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/24/09   5     2     3     2   I been on b/c since I was 16 (Im now 23) I always used Ortha tri-cyclen and never had any real problems I only switched to tri-sprintec because it was much cheaper(9 bucks compared to 32dollars)so I was happy I could get b/c so cheap ...the only plus size of the b/c is the fact my period is alot shoter then is use to be also I havent got prego off this..now heres the worst of this drug I gained 9lbs in a few months I use to weigh around 105-110 only being 5'2 now Im around 125,I eat less and work out 5 times a week and it hasn't made much of a difference I look bloated every day my stomach is round & hard not flabby as if I had gained regular fat weight I have no sex drive and if you miss 1 pill and take 2 the next day to make up for it you will later be in the bathroom puking!I do feel alil more depressed being on this (but gaining 9lbs in a few months cant make u feel good about yourself)I think Im going to hash out more cash & go back to ortha tri-cyclen RID: 6686
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/9/09   5     1     3     3   I just went off of Tri-Sprintec, and boy am I glad!! I started taking it in November 06(got married Dec 06) and ever since I have been totally dry in the lower region. Sex is painful. I've been off the pill for only 3 days and sex is already better than it's ever been!! Do not take this drug!!!! I'm also more emotional on this. Although it did regulate my periods really well. I used to be really irregular. But I'd rather have irregular periods than bad sex. RID: 6645
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/5/09   1     1     1     1   Since being on Tri-Sprintec I have experienced unstable moods, break-through bleeding, nausea, acne breakouts and SEVERE (migrane) headaches that can be almost incapacitating which always occur during the 4th week! Invariably the 4th week is ALWAYS an emotional and physical nightmare. After reading review after review that only confirm my own experience I would NEVER recommend this medication. RID: 6640
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/3/09   1     1     1     1   DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG! I took this drug last year for 3 months to regulate my period. I ended up in the hospital for EIGHT DAYS because of it. I had EIGHT blood clots go into BOTH of my lungs because of this medicine. One specific blood clot was really big & caused a pulmonary infarction, which means part of my left lung is DEAD now. I am supposed to take blood thinners for the next 6 years & will have to eat a special diet for the rest of my life. The doctors told me I should have died long before I even got to the ER with my fiance that night. I was only 19 years old. As you can imagine, it was an extremely traumatizing ordeal. My husband & I are currently wanting to try to get pregnant soon, but there are so many risks of harm to my own health, my baby's health, birth defects, etc because of the issue this medicine caused. I took it for only 3 months & have never smoked a cigarette. I would urge everyone to think twice before taking this. RID: 6633
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/23/09   3     1     1     1   I have been taking this BC for three months now. The first month was great but then on the second month I had my period for 13 days straight. And no it wasn't spotting because it was way to heavy. Now my third month I have had my period since January 7 it is now the 23rd and it still has not gone away. I olny take BC for my horrendous cramps but to be honest I'd rather deal with them than this never endding period. I mean last month was 13 days and this month I have had it for 16 DAYS AND COUNTING!!! this is out ragious and disgusting I hope I don't have to go to the hostpital for to much loss of blood. So Yea this pill sux RID: 6607
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/18/09   4     1     2     1   I have been on other BC's before, and this has been the absolute worst! I have severe mood swings, depression, and zero sex drive. I have also noticed more of my hair falling out in the shower. I am stopping this pill asap! RID: 6583
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/16/09   5     5     5     5   i was having unprotected sex for 4yrs while taking this and never got preggo then as soon as i stopped taking it for a couple weeks i got preggo so its a damn good birth control oh and it cleared my acne made my periods lighter and regular and gave me energy so yea i highly recomend it!!!! =) RID: 6579
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/30/08   5     1     1     1   I have been on everything from depo- seasonale-seasonique to necon to this crap!!! it is terrible..I have been with my husband for 5 years and i have never acted so crazy...mood swings are terrible, I gained 11 pounds...I have no sex drive. This stuff should be taken of the market...i am stopping this thing asap. It started making my veins bust in my legs and get varicose veins....you can't fix those without a surgery..so, ladies please don't take the risk. Even if it cheaper. RID: 6320
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/9/08   3     1     2     1   I had an absolutely awful experience with the 2 months that I was on this prescription. I went from Tri-Nessa to this, and gained 10 pounds from early September until now, with no real changes in my diet or excercise. More seriously I have had intense mood swings, with some feelings of depression. I've also had acne breakouts. I would highly encourage anyone who has started to take this and is feeling ANY of these adverse effects to stop taking this pill immediately. I tried to wait it out until the end of my second pack and started to feel even further depression. Having been off Tri-Sprintec for a week now, I am already starting to feel better. When I told my doctor what I was experiencing, he immediately switched me back to Tri-Nessa, so let's hope nothing's permanent from Tri-Sprintec! RID: 6184
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/26/08   5     5     5     5   I took Ortho Novum 777 for YEARS, then I tried YAZ. I did NOT like YAZ! If I was a tiny bit late on taking a pill, I would bleed and bleed, sometimes all month! I switched to Tri-Sprintec months ago, and I have had NO problems. And it is much less expensive! RID: 6091
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/9/08   4     1     2     4   I switched to Tri-Sprintec due to the price difference in the drug. but I hated the side effects. My hair started falling out almost immediately after I started taking the drug and is still falling out in handfuls. I am switching back to my regular birth control as soon as I can get my doctor to fill out the prescription. RID: 5981
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/6/08   5     5     5     5   I've been on Tri-Sprintec for over 6 years. I started taking it for acne, which cleared away quickly and, other than the occasional pimple, hasn't returned. My period lasts about 3 or 4 days , and I don't experience painful cramps. I've never had problems with this medication. I would recommend it to anyone. Of course, everyone is different, but I love it. RID: 5954
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/22/08   2     1     2     1   I have been on Tri-Sprintec for 4 months and I HATE it! This month I still have 10 days worth of active pills left and already spotting with odor (YUCK!). This has been going on since I started this knock off brand of Ortho-tri-cyclen. On top of that I have developed a sensitivity to the sun causing dark spots on my face. Which can be a side effect (not serious but very bothersome) I am going back to the name brand which sucks because the price goes from 9 bucks to 44 bucks. If it will end this nastiness I am willing to pay! RID: 5857
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    8/28/08   5     1     2     1   I was hoping this drug would make my periods shorter and skin clearer. My periods were shortened a bit but I was spotting( NASTY!) and had crazy moodswings and would cry a lot for no reason, i gained around 4 pounds in a month and couldn't fit into my clothes ( went to the doc he checked if it was water weight.. but it was not), then I also got headaches, and worst of all was that it made me break out and im still suffering from the breakout since getting off this pill. I guess this pill could work for some people but because the dosages of progesterone vary from day to day it made me unstable and break out and made me depressed. I've never been in such a dark place in my life. Once i got off it i was so happy to feel normal. Now im one week into taking Portia and it seems alright so far. RID: 5674
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    8/3/08   4     1     2     2   I've tried all kinds of BC and this is the worse. I haven't had any luck with any kind I have tried. I've gained weight since starting it. My mood swings and periods are a lot worse. I feel sick ALL the time. I talked to my doctor and she prescribed medicine to take for the sickness and refused to switch BC even though that is what I wanted. The anti sickness pill makes me fall asleep. So I just quit taking both of them. If I am going to get fat and be grumpy I would rather be pregnant and at least get something amazing out of it. RID: 5520
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    7/24/08   3     2     4     4   I was on this for at least a year, I honestly can't remember when my insurance plan decided that I should switch from Ortho Tri, in any case, I had been on Ortho for a good 4 years with no probs. After a few months on Tri Sprintec, I had the most terrrible mood swings when I was on the sugar-pill/ having my period. Each and every time period for a about 5 months before I decided to go off of it. My boyfriend would have to put up with me being in these psychotic rants that after an hour or two of arguing I would finally realize I was being a whack-job and totally not myself. It sucked bc i really really thought I was right each time. But then came the rule that if we fought and I revealved that i had my period, I would lose automatically by default bc I had no judgment. It actually made me feel better during these times. Anyway, I tried YAZ next--did NOT like this either, made me and a friend of mine VERY fatigued!!!! Now Im on Ortho Lo and crossing my fingers ~ Good luck ladies!! RID: 5464
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    7/1/08   5     1     4     3   My first BC, I took this for over a year hoping the awful side effects would go away. They didn't; they seemed to get worse as time went on. I felt nauseous almost every day, and I'd throw up every morning of the first week. Not only that, but my sex drive went to zip. My boyfriend joked that the pill worked solely by making you not want to have sex anymore, which would be funny if it weren't almost entirely true. My **** did increase a half cup size, but it wasn't even worth it. I gave it a 5 for effectiveness because I didn't get pregnant, but then again I only had sex like once every two months because this drug killed my libido. RID: 5295
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    7/1/08   5     2     3     5   I was on Tri-Sprintec for 4 years. At first my period was not as bad and the cramps even went away. However, it gave me the wildest mood swings. The longer I was on it the worse it got. Recently I made the correlation between when the mood swings began and the time I began Tri-Sprintec. I have recently switched to Yaz, which also makes me nervous due to the reviews. The longer I was on Tri-Sprintec the worse my periods became as well as acne and PMS. However, I have been on Yaz for 2 months and already I feel better. If all goes well with Yaz and I feel that much better in the next couple of months I will know that tri-sprintec was most likely the culprit. RID: 5291
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    6/17/08   5     5     5     5   I haven't had any problems with this drug. I have put on a little weight, but that's probably my own fault. I've only been on it a month, but so far so good. RID: 5214
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/12/08   5     1     2     5   I have been on Tri-Sprintec since November of 2007. Since then, my "sex drive" has gone to ZERO... I have done some research on this and it can actually cause some REAL problems such as intensifying depression, increased irritability, severe mood swings, and it can block the horomones that make you even want to have sex. Anyone taking this birth control pill should STOP and change methods immediately! RID: 4951
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/11/08   3     1     3     2   I used ORtho Tri Cyclen for 5 years then switched to generic Tri Sprintec for insurance purposes. The side effects were horrible. Turns out the filler chemicals are different in the name brand and generic. I would say shell out the extra money and buy Ortho only, not generic. RID: 4950
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    4/22/08   3     4     4     4   been on it since december, little side effects, never missed a pill, but thats just me RID: 4833
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    4/14/08   3     1     2     2   I have been on tri-sprintec since january & in the past few months have gained about 20lbs. I have an increased appetite, extreme breast tenderness, stomach pains & mood swings. None of this has been any fun, and I want to switch!! I came off of Depo Provera without having any side effects & came to his...it's terrible. RID: 4784
Rate this drug

Add these ratings to your own website
* Rating left by a registered user

Best Rated Drugs in birth control / contraceptives