DrugRating

Find, rate and review Drugs and Medications

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 reviews

Add a picture of this drug Save this listing Search again
Microgestin Fe 1.5/30
drug
Category:  birth control / contraceptives
Profile updated: 5/24/07    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

average quality
Rating: 3.2 out of 5 based on 69 reviews.

Drug Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 has a fair overall rating on DrugRatingz.com.

New! - Questions and answers about this drug

Q: does microgestin hurt your chances of geting pregnant?    Email me    Answer it

Submit a news article about this drug Rate this drug
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by DrugRatingz.com.
KEY Date

a

l

u

Comments

10/19/13   4     1     3     1   When Loestrin fe 24 was discontinued :( I was switched to this. I was really hoping it was similar because the loestrin was fantastic. I felt great while I was on it and had easy breezy periods. This is no loestrin. From day 1 I've had horrible side effects. Every night I've had intense dreams. Nightmares really. And they are all very vivid and I feel trapped in every dream no mayter what the situation is and it's always very uncomfortable. I don't get enough sleep because I wake up from terrible dreams several times a night and I'll have a bad headache all day. And super aggravated. I'm going to planned parenthood today to get a new prescription. I hate this birth control. RID: 8568
Click to report rating
 8/16/12   4     1     4     5   I got on this pill to regulate my cycles. I asked dr for something that would help lessen my facial hair & she told me that nothing will fix it, but this MIGHT HELP IT. Wow! It has lightened and grows waay slower than before. I was waxing once a week and STILL PLUCK every single morning. ...... but Since on this pill., (1 full month) I've noticed a HUGE difference! I still wax once a week, but plucking has lessened big time! I pluck about every 3 days now. Anyone who suffers from facial hair knows what a HUGE difference that is. but one of the main side effects is breast tenderness. To a point where one day I almost showered with my BRA ON! D:………I lost 4in lbs this month, my nails & hair is long and strong!! I noticed some scarce hair growth on my breast, but I think its a fair trade if I can get some fuzz off my face! :)its got lots of hormones that so far are working in my favor. Im just worried 4 when i come off! My hormones will be crazier than b4. But for now, I <3 it! :) RID: 8304
Click to report rating
 4/14/12   5     5     5     5   I normally wouldn't write a review on anything, especially birth control, however, I could not keep this great pill all to myself. I was very disappointed when I found out my insurance would no longer cover my Orthro Tri-Cyclen lo being that I was on it for more then 2 years and I hate putting new things in my body plus I didnt want the "cheap brand". However, it was the best thing I could have did. Off the bat, I did not have any side affects switching or while on it (5 months now). I get my period the exact same day every month (4th week; 2nd brown pill). and I also forgot to mention I got pregnant once on my Orthro. I'm as normal as can be, if i get any mood swings, i would definitely blame it on being "just one of those days" not because of the pill. If anyone is spending a lot of money on brand name birth control and wants something affordable and great, i would definitely choose Microgestin! RID: 8205
Click to report rating
 2/2/12   5     5     5     5   I love my birth control. I'm really good at taking my pill on time and never missing it. I like this birth control because it had the least side effects out of all of the other birth controls I have tried. I've been on this one for about four years and I'll probably never switch to anything else. My boyfriend and I have sex regularly and my sex drive hasn't changed. I felt nauseous the first two months in the morning but it was nothing that crackers and ginger ale couldn't fix. I get my periods the same time every month on the dot to the very minute. I will just put in a tampon in the morning before blood appears and then later in the day when I change it, I've started. Mood swings and cramps aren't as bad as they are without birth control. All in all. I love this pill and it works great for me! Hope this helps y'all. RID: 8152
Click to report rating
 12/8/11   5     3     5     4   Been taking this for about 4 months and haven't gotten my period yet which freaked me out for the first 3 months until I got tested at the doctor's. My emotions are off the roof, I want to cry all the time. I constantly feel sad and clingly and I don't know why. I've also gained weight about less than 5 pounds. I went off Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo because it gave me yeast infections for 2 years, so one good thing about these pills is it got rid of that. Sex drive hasn't changed except I'm more active since the infection is gone. Planning to switch to something else when I get the chance. RID: 8015
Click to report rating
 10/31/11   5     4     5     5   I get that most people who bother to rate a drug do so because it's causing them trouble. So I wanted to add my fairly positive review so that folks can get a more balanced view of this pill. Been on it for about a month, plan on taking it continuously (skipping placebo week and my period), only side effects so far are sore **** and two zits (I NEVER get zits). No mood swings, no weight gain, no nausea, no spotting. Hopefully the breast tenderness will go away after a few months. RID: 7979
Click to report rating
 7/27/11   5     1     5     5   I was first prescribed Microgestin fe 1/20 in August of last year after I had a miscarriage. I'd attempted to take 3 different types of pills in the years beforehand but each one left me with devastating side effects. This time, I stuck with Microgestin for about 3 months consistently before I threw in the towel. I felt like CRAP almost immediately after starting it. My struggles kicked off with daily migraines- which I've never experienced before, morning sickness (wtf) and panic attacks. I must've taken ten pregnancy tests during those 90 days because I always suspected it. The nausea was bad, water retention in the stomach- which I never had, no appetite, laziness, snappy attitude, chronic fatigue and constipation. Blegh. I started taking it again in June after a few close calls- and I workout for about 2 hours a day but I have only managed to keep my weight the same...and I only eat one meal a day. RID: 7898
Click to report rating
 4/7/11   5     5     5     5   I have been on Microgestin for about 5 months now. I was prescribed it after I had a miscarriage back in December, my OBGYN assured me it was a pill most people liked. At first, I was still cramping and getting pretty heavy bleeding, but this last month (4th month of pill) I had almost no bleeding (I used 2 tampons for my whole cycle), no cramps. It's also gotten rid of my acne. I haven't experienced any weight gain that people are talking about, and I haven't really been working out. No mood swings at all.....Overall I am VERY happy with this pill and plan to continue to use it! RID: 7804
Click to report rating
 3/3/11   5     1     1     5   I cannot stop eating ever since I started taking this pill. I´m hungry even when I´m full. I´ve gained at least 15lbs in the last 3 months. RID: 7746
Click to report rating
 2/1/11   3     1     3     2   I have been taking this for almost 2 years and i have not had much depression but i have had: horrible head aches (now on day 3 of a current headache) major weight gain (like 40 lbs)i cant seem to stop eating... its like i am always hungry. i did not seem to notice it since most was muscle until recently. I have just as bad acne as i did before i took it. and i am always snapping at my friends and family at things i would not normally... the only good part is my period is lighter... but i seem to b more prone to vaginal yeast infections... oh and my period blood is like a clumpy brown and horrid smelling (well worse then its supposed to be) instead of healthy and red! RID: 7711
Click to report rating
 11/28/10   1     1     1     1   I have NEVER felt so sad in my entire life. I was on this pill for 4 days. On day 4 I went absolutely insane. Crying hysterically because the hot water in the shower only lasted 15 minutes, screaming at my parents and friends and couldn't stop shaking. I felt so HUGE and hopeless when everyone I know would normally refer to me as one of the happiest people they know. On top of everything my heart wouldn't stop racing, I had blurry vision...one of the side effects of this medicine is VISION LOSS soooooo if you care about that...don't take this. I'm off this thing today and switched to Yasmin and feel like myself again thank GOD! I have NO idea what the heck this pill is, but if you want to be suicidal, fat and blind I'd recommend it. RID: 7649
Click to report rating
 11/22/10   1     1     1     5   I have never felt so hopeless, alone, depressed, and huge until I began taking this pill. I was put on it to help regulate my periods and give me a break from bleeding and PCOS (I bled for 6 months straight). Now I'm in my 2nd month on the pills and I have started bleeding AGAIN heavily. Not spotting or anything B-L-O-O-D. I feel disgusting and ugly. I can honestly say I've never felt like this before, even on my darkest days. I have no desire to be intimate with my fiance or anyone for that matter. My breast are tender and my mind is all screwed up. I can't stop crying, I break down at work. I don't even have the desire to wear make-up. Needless to say, I called my doctor today and I go see her tomorrow. I will not be continuing with this pill! RID: 7637
Click to report rating
 8/25/10   1     1     1     1   I wanted to chim in on the Microgeestin. I have been on this pill for the last year and a half. All I can say is it all makes sense now. I was at my breaking pt 2 weeks ago when I was shocked to see I have packed on 20 lbs in the last year and few months. Mind you I was shocked into submission by my trainer. I have been crying constantly for 6 months and was an emotional wreck. I don't want to have sex, my jeans don't fit, my thighs are fat, I have acne on my chin, the fur on my face is coming back and am a mess. The best part is I have a trainer who is hired to kick my ass back into my jeans that don't fit, and although I have lost 3% body fat anf turned 9lbs into lean muscle mass, no go on the weight. Oh I put on 4 lbs on top of all the weight already in the last 2 months. I went to my OB for an emergency intervention and got off the pill 2 weeks ago today. I am BC free and fancy free. I am starting to feel like me again. I lost 4 lbs in a week, yet they are back today some how. Not RID: 7552
Click to report rating
 8/22/10   5     1     4     5   I went on this pill because the other pills I had tried made my hair fall out. My doctor thought that a low dose of hormones would help... and it did, but there were other side effects. I gained about 15lbs in 3 months. At first I thought it was because I had broken my foot and was not as active, but my foot has been healed for a month and still gaining weight. The weight was also gained in my belly, which is new. Other side effects like really bad acne (which has never been typical for me) a constant low level of nausea, vaginal dryness and breast pain and tenderness have me convinced that microgestin is causing my weight gain. It is very effective, my periods have always been light and short so there is no bonus there, it's very cheap but these side effects are too much. I really thought there was something wrong with me and I was embarrassed to have sex with my husband. He thought I wasn't attracted to him anymore. I'm getting a copper IUD next month so wish me luck. RID: 7545
Click to report rating
 8/7/10   5     1     5     3   This pill SUCKS. I've been on it for about 18 months, and within the last 10 my sex drive has dropped off the face of the earth. For months I was afraid to discuss it with my boyfriend because I didn't want him to think it was his fault, and then I realized it was my birth control. Also, I cry ALL the time, even over the stupidest things, and I have more rage (especially in the car) than I ever did before. I am switching to Sprintec when my next cycle starts, and I can hardly wait. I can't even remember what it feels like to be truly horny, or what it's like to not need to use lube during sex. DO NOT USE THIS MEDICATION!!!! RID: 7524
Click to report rating
 7/17/10   5     5     5     5   I have been on Microgestin 1.5/30 for a week, and have not experienced any negative side effects. No headaches, no nausea, no bloating, no moodiness, no weight gain/hunger. I just switched from Zovia because of breakthrough bleeding that progressively got worse every month (in the past have also tried Ortho Tri, Ortho Lo, Yasmin, the patch). After reading all the negative comments, I was worried about starting Microgestin, but then I realized that just because lots of people who post on these drug forums don't like this BCP, it doesn't mean the majority of users of this BCP don't like it. People are more likely to rant about something they hate than write a good review of something they're satisfied with, right? I would bet that the severe side effects some experience only happen in a minority of users, so if you're considering this BCP, take the negative reviews with a grain of salt and try it out for yourself: everybody is different, and I'm perfectly happy with this BCP so far. RID: 7501
Click to report rating
 5/18/10   5     1     5     1   i have only been on Microgestin for 7 days! I went through a horrible nausea and migraine episode. where I was very sensitive to light and had hot flashes. Not to mention being constipated. I took a liquid laxative and a pamprin for the next few days. Just when i thought everything was going good. I start bleeding..kinda heavy. I will continue for a month i hope my body gets use to it. RID: 7440
Click to report rating
 2/5/10   2     1     3     2   Microgestin is ridiculous. It's awful. I've been on it for 3 months and have been so miserable. My once regular periods are now so all over the board I have no idea what is going on. I have "breakthrough bleeding" with knife stabbing cramps, back aches and crazy emotions every time i reach my 12th active pill. it lasts 8 days + and then on my real withdrawal week I either get such a light period I can't tell if it even counts as one, or nothing at all. I'm crazy emotional - i cry at the drop of a hat & I get angry for no reason. I get sad out of nowhere and before being on this bc I was perfectly happy. The thing that bothers me the most are the irregular periods & breakthrough. It's obnoxious and gives me such anxiety it isn't even worth it. If it's bc you should feel protected all month & get a real period on schedule. That's the point. So happy to be going off of this in the next few days & try yet another type of pills. If you plan on going on this pill I advise you to rethink it. RID: 7331
Click to report rating
 10/26/09   5     3     5     2   I've been on this pill for about three months now. I haven't had any bad mood swings, breast tenderness, or bad acne. What I have had, however, is the weight gain (about seven pounds -- I can't seem to stop eating!), low sex drive and ridiculously light periods. They honestly last for less then a day and are extremely light. It makes me very panicky. This also makes me feel very protected though, because I guess this pill must be beating the crap out of my eggs. (: The first two months though, I spotted through out the entire month. It was absolutely dreadful. RID: 7182
Click to report rating
 9/19/09   1     1     1     1   I have just read the reviews on here and now and after am done with this packet am never taking it again! I have experienced spotting everyday since I started taking this two months ago. The mood swings are shocking and am constantly snappy for no reason. This has actually put a real strain on our relationship but I will make him read this an see that it's not only me. And worst of all the pain! Constant craps that I actually feel sick. Yes my period came like clock work and lasted shorter than usual but it's not worth it! RID: 7127
Click to report rating
 8/5/09   1     1     1     1   this pill is evil..I had mono last year and that doesnt even compare to this! I thought I was sick with mono until a few months ago I realized its the PILL! the mood swings are pretty much unbearable, I am extremely emotional and cry for no reason, and have even gotten a few panic attacks. I am constantly on edge and irritaed all the time, and flip out for no reason. I have had terrible gas and stomach cramping/gas pains for the past couple months, coupled with diarrhea and constipation. I also have insomnia and get hot flashes. My appetite is insane, and can never be satisfied. I also get extremely nauseous, and my heart rate is very high, and I get headaches, heartburn, and fatigue, no matter how much sleep I get. Sometimes I even have a fever...as high as 100.1 (frequently, and no I wasnt sick). Seriously, be wary of this pill and all pills. This and Yaz both gave me very bad reactions. You know your own body, don't listen to anyone else. If you're feeling sick,ITS PROBABLY THE PILL RID: 7039
Click to report rating
 6/15/09   5     1     5     5   This pill has been a blessing and a curse. It is the first pill to regulate my cycle and I've been on birth control for four years and have tried three other different pills. However, I've gained ten pounds and I cannot lose it. I've drastically changed my diet and have been exercising and no results after three months. I've also had a low sex drive. I called my doctor today because I need to do something different! I feel miserable not being able to lose weight! RID: 6930
Click to report rating
 6/10/09   1     1     5     4   I was fine for oh 6 months or so then I started getting spotting in the 3 week every time and one month during the 2 week...but the biggest thing is the mood swing, I'm now very snappy when with another pill I was always calm...I'm snapping at my boyfriend for little things all throughout the month, not just when I'm PMSing....also my **** tend to hurt since I started taking this...sure my period is nice and light but I don't need the rage and the spotting....switching once I'm done with the last month's worth..... RID: 6923
Click to report rating
 6/9/09   3     1     2     2   At first I was so excited about Microgestin because of the great price of 16$ for three months. But now, I'm very upset. I have the worst acne of my LIFE all over my face, chest and back. Also I've been very shaky and nervous. The worst part is I've been starving. I keep wanting to eat and eat! I never feel full. It's not only uncomfortable, it's causing me weight gain. My doctor just switched me to Yaz. We'll see how this one goes.. RID: 6920
Click to report rating
 4/21/09   4     2     4     3   I've been on Microgestin for total of 5 months. I started it in September of 2008. Took it for 1mo., stopped it for 3 as I figured I could give my body a break since my boyfriend was studying abroad and I wouldn't be seeing him until Jan. BTW- those 3 birth control-less months were amazing- I found out I had a sex drive and I could lubricate naturally. Now Jan 09 till end of April- I have been faithfully on it. I HAVE GAINED 13 POUNDS. I'll be blunt- I can only blame the pill- ive been healthy and fit all my life. Nothing but the pill has changed. Also I have a lack of sex drive- its a desert down there too. Also self concious because of weight and the inability of fitting into my jeans. Luckily my skin has not broken out because of this. BTW Im changing pills next week when I go the doctor. POSITIVES- 2day periods and really light. No mood swings. Not pregnant. NEGATIVES- weight gain, no sex drive, no natural lubrication, headaches, and feeling tired all the time. RID: 6837
Click to report rating
 2/16/09   5     1     5     3   I was losing weight before I started taking this birth control. I have been taking it for 3 months now and there is nothing I cant do to lose weight. I keep gaining little by little. I have been getting terrible, terrible headaches. Low and behold, it must be the birth control! Sure I only get my period for 1 day but even that is probably not healthy. I am a heavy woman to begin with so this gaining more weight is definately not healthy for me. Looks like I have to start all over tomorrow or as soon as my Doctor can see me. RID: 6660
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/6/09   3     2     3     3   I have only been taking for 1 and a half weeks, however I feel moody. I also feel bloated and have lower back and stomach pain. This worries me. RID: 6536
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/5/09   4     4     4     4   My only complaint about this pill is the weight gain! I have gained 15 pounds of unwanted extra weight on my stomach and thighs and I have been taking it for almost a year now. I have never had weight problems before. RID: 6531
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    12/24/08   5     4     4     5   I've been on microgestin for about four months now and I'm pretty happy with it. I tried Loestrin24 Fe before this and was spotting/bleeding ALL the time, no sex drive, it was terrible. I haven't really noticed any side effects from this pill at this point. Sex drive is pretty constant, maybe a tiny bit of breast tenderness and no substantial weight gain. I spend like $5 a month for this so it's totally worth it, I had some weird spotting before my period came last month but otherwise I've had a good experience with Microgestin and would recommend that you give it a try. It's generic and cheap, not much to lose, and at least in my experience it's been WAY better than Loestrin24. RID: 6476
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    12/18/08   5     4     4     4   ive been taking this bc for a month now so far not to bad. i was so worried when i first read all the bad things ppl were saying but i was brave and started it. its been a month now and i did notice my first week and a half i got headaches and mood swings. but so far no weight gain (which was my number one reason why i waited so long to ever start bc) my **** got bigger and my sex drive did go down. periods are way less intense too. overall its not so bad and everyones body just reacts different so dont be off put by all the neg commets RID: 6443
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    12/3/08   5     4     5     5   I love this pill!I have no pain during my cycle,it comes regular, and only 4 days.I would recommend this bcp to any woman. RID: 6351
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    12/2/08   5     2     4     3   At first my **** were very very tender, I had terrible mood swings, and was tired. But after a couple months it all cleared up and I have no problems. I never gained weight, lost my sex drive, and my periods are not excruciating anymore which is almost the best part! I take it everyday at the same time mostly, though sometimes I'll accidentally skip a day and take it when I remember.. I haven't gotten pregnant, it's very protective! RID: 6347
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/22/08   5     2     5     3   I have had weight gain, nausea and headaches on this BC. One upside is it did shorten and lighten my period. RID: 6253
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/21/08   5     2     5     5   It took me about 8 mos and online forums to realize that Microgestin was causing: weight gain, moodiness/anger, low sex drive and missed periods. After missing my August, Sept and Oct. periods (I had maybe an hour of spotting if that) and 5 preg. tests, I decided to stop taking it. I am on the 5th week of being OFF of it and STILL not period. I've been keeping a journal since stopping it and what have I found? My Sex Drive sky rocketed (BF's happy), weight gain has somewhat maintained, however I'm going to the bathroom a lot more, I think b/c I was retaining so much water before... This past month I have felt pretty good considering but STILL no period and I'm about 3 days into the "missed" part... do I take yet another PT or do I just chalk it up to this pill? I was getting major migraines from my previous pill, which is why I was put on this one. Now I'm happy to be pill free... RID: 6248
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/7/08   3     3     3     3   I just got put on Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 today. i was on tri-sprintec but i couldn't handle the nausea that came when i started a new pack, it was so bad i couldn't even go to school! I'm really worried that this pill is going to make me sick. I also noticed that alot of people were talking about weight gain. That scares me more than anything!! RID: 6173
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/5/08   5     5     5     5   I'm so surprise to read how many hate this birth control and have had so many problems with it. I've been on it for two years now and its great. I have light periods if that, and i've actually lost weight on it compared to the other birth control i was on before. I do have mood swings but what birth control doesn't make you moody around the time of the month. RID: 6164
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/5/08   5     3     5     4   I have been on Microgestin for 5 months now. At first it was the worst experience of my life. My periods were worse! The aches and pains had doubled as well as the amount of blood flow. Now on my fifth month my periods are so light its like im not even having one. My only complaint is that I get bad headaches and I feel like I'm carrying a baby with all this water retention. RID: 6162
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/4/08   5     5     3     5   I don't know what peoples complaints are about. I have taken this pill for over 2 years and I LOVE IT. I haven't gained any weight, my periods are lighter and always fall on a Tuesday (the 3rd brown pill). I'm not moody, it didn't do anything to my sex drive. Basically it's like I'm not even on it. I'm 19 by the way. RID: 6148
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/29/08   3     3     3     3   I just got this stuff today and I am soooo skeptical about popping this pill into my mouth. It's also my first BC i've ever gotten too.. so based on most feedback.. I'm 70% most likely not gonna take it and switch to Yasmin or something. I will continue my search. Peace! RID: 6108
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/27/08   3     1     5     5   I'm on my second pack. I gained 8 lbs in the first 3 weeks of taking it, and didn't get a period. I am still gaining weight. BTW I am a vegetarian and healthy eater, and was a size 2--no more. When this pack is finished, I am finished with this pill. RID: 6099
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/24/08   1     1     4     1   my breast hurt so bad, i have not huged anyone in weeks. i can not button any of my jeans. my breast were already to big, now they are just scary! i have cramped from day one and now having period i was told i would not have. just threw my pills in the garbage, has to be something better than this. RID: 6085
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/19/08   4     1     1     2   I have been on this pill for three months and have the worst acne of my life! I have minimal to no sex drive and I almost constantly bloated not to mention the 6lbs I have gained. I am switching ASAP RID: 6053
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/16/08   5     1     3     2   I have taken Microgestin Fe for 10 months. I have been extremely emotional. I mean so emotional that I stay home from work and class and lay on the couch. I have gained lots of weight and I am having a very hard time losing it. I have acne. I have extreme fatigue. It is ridiculous. I think I will be changing the pill this month. I have had it! RID: 6042
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/16/08   5     4     3     5   i have not had any problems with microgestin 1.5 it cleared up my face its accualy not making me hungry its doing the oposite and my sex drive is normal or high i love this pill RID: 6041
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/14/08   2     1     1     1   i HAVE BEEN ON THIS PILL FOR ABOUT ONE MONTH AND i HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO STOP EATING AND THIS PILL IS MAKING ME FEEL VERY WEIRD. IVE BEEN FREAKIN OUT A LOT MORE TOO LATELY.IM CALLING IT QUITS RID: 6023
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/3/08   5     1     5     2   Has anyone experienced hair loss with Microgestin? I switched to Microgestin after Ortho Trycyclin kept me nauseated. Has anyone had this side effect? RID: 5934
Read this rating's feedback
Click to report rating    10/1/08   4     1     4     3   never had pain this bad in my life. ive only been on it 5 days and have felt like someone was stabbing my insides. get so nausous i had to be sent home from work. sex drive no longer exists already! already called the doc and she is switching me to yaz. she said most of her patients are on yaz and have no problems with it, although its a bit more expensive. RID: 5925
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/27/08   5     4     5     5   I have been on this pill for about 2 years now and i love it, when i take it correctly. i was on microgestin w/ a lower dose of estrogen and was spotting so they put me on this. when i got my periods they were short and light, now i overlap so i dont ever get them. the only problem is that my **** get SOOO sore right before i should be getting my period. (but they got bigger:) ) i have not had any acne or mood swings. but all people react differently to all pills. RID: 5895
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/25/08   3     1     5     1   I have been taking Microgestin FE for almost 8 mths now but I'm giving up on it. Yes, you barely have a period which is nice, but only if you want to spot 3 weeks out of the month! I kept taking it, hoping my body would adjust to it. After 8 mths, it hasn't changed! While reading other blogs, I realized that the other things going on right now for me, may also be attributed to this pill! I have a very LOW sex-drive, I'm hungry ALL of the time (including wt. gain) and I can snap w/anger at any time not to mention horrible acne. I knew that I haven't been myself for awhile but never thought that it was b/c of this pill. I don't like to blame a pill for these things, but I unless it pure coincidence, I honestly think that Microgestin Fe has had bad side-effects for me. Yeah, it's great to have the light/no period every month, but it's not worth all of the other things that come along with it! I would not recommend this to anyone!!! RID: 5879
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/18/08   4     1     1     1   I have been on this pill for almost a year. I have missed 2 periods, something I didn't do and enjoyed not doing with the Ortho tri cyclen. With both missed periods for the whole month I had extreme stomach pains and cramps. With the first missed period I went to doctor and they could't figure out why I was in pain. My face has been breaking out and I constantly feel bloated. I have mood swings like crazy and I can go from happy to mad or upset in less than a minute. I'm going in next month to switch pills. I wouldn't recommend this pill. RID: 5822
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/16/08   3     1     3     3   I have been on this pill for a week and I have been having the worst headaches of my entire life. It's actually the middle of the night right now and I'm on the computer because my head hurts so badly I can't even sleep. I am planning to call my doctor as soon as I wake up in the morning to see if I can stop taking this immediately. The headaches start every night within three hours of taking the drug. I feel like a football player is grabbing my head on either side and squeezing as tightly as they can. My eyes feel like they're about to pop out of the sockets. Unless you are willing to run the risk of dealing with massive headaches (I NEVER usually get headaches) then I do not recommend this pill. There are plenty of others out there. RID: 5800
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/9/08   4     1     3     3   I have been on Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for nine months now, I have gained about 20 lbs., I have not had the break through bleeding that others have had but I have had horrible headaches, increased blood pressure, nausea, slight mood swings and anemia inspite of the Fe boost, dehydration due to execessive water retention and the worst constipation I have ever had in my life. My labido is fairly even. Basically I have all the symptoms of pregnancy w/o being pregnant. One benefit is I may have just a spot of blood for my period every two months or so. Would I recommend it? well everyone is different, I can say try it. It may work or you could have similar symptoms as what I described above. RID: 5748
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/5/08   3     1     2     2   I went off the pill after 16 years to give my body a break. After 2 years of being "pill free" I decided to go back on the pill for birth control. I took Ortho-tricyclen Lo for 2 months, but had a lot of spotting. I switched to Microgestin. This pill is absolutely HORRIBLE for me. It made me anxious right away. After about 3 months (and lots of weight gain), my blood pressure jumped from 112/64 to 158/105. I am now on "water pills" to lower my blood pressure. I also stopped taking the pill and got an IUD. For anyone who is having an adverse reaction to the pill...consider an IUD. It hurt during insertion, but I think my anxiety is finally starting to wane. And I hope my b.p. returns to normal...Microgestin did not agree with my body at all. RID: 5709
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    8/12/08   5     1     3     4   I feel a lot better after reading these reviews. I've been on Microgestin for a little over 4 months and now I have migraines at least once a month, my stomach is so puffy I almost look pregnant, I'm always hungry and I gained 10 pounds that I had just lost before starting the pill. On the plus side, I don't have those "my guts are rotting" cramps anymore. Also, I barely have a period, but it sort of sucks because it's never when it's supposed to be still. RID: 5588
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    8/8/08   3     1     3     2   i started this pill almost three weeks ago and i have had NOTHING but horrible experiences. i have severe cramps and spotting on a daily basis, i broke out in hives the first week, and i feel completely helpless and moody. i DO NOT recomend this bith control to anyone. RID: 5547
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    7/7/08   5     1     5     5   The side effects to this pill are horrible. Depression, severe abdominal pain and numbness in my arm which is a sign of a stroke. I started feeling all of these side effects around my sixth or seventh month taking the pill. At first the stomach pains only lasted for a short while but, as time went on they lasted longer and longer and got more and more painful. The only good thing about this pill is an extremely short period. RID: 5332
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    6/13/08   1     1     2     3   I took this pill for two weeks. on the 3rd week every day at the same time i was getting HORRIBLE stomach pains. It felt like all of my insides wanted to fall out of me. It got so bad on the 5th day of taking this pill that I had to go to the emergency room. The ER doctors advised me to stop taking microgestin and see how i felt. in the following days the "cramps" got better and better until about a week later they finally stopped. I would not recommend this pill to anyone. the only upside to it is that it's pretty inexpensive but, i don't think that you should sacrifice your health to save some cash. i also gained 4 pounds in those couple of weeks. i'm a really healthy eater and i didn't change my eating habits at all. buyer beware. RID: 5188
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/30/08   1     1     1     1   This pill made me so bloated and it makes my stomache retain so much fluid. I can't even suck in thats how bloated I am. Its just realy uncomfortable. I look like I'm 4 months preggo. I have been on it 6 days and I'm calling it quits. I cant wear a bikini like this. RID: 5094
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/21/08   5     1     5     1   I have been on it for four months. I have been on EVERY pill out there and this is one of the worst! I had to get off Yaz due to price increase. I wake up in the morning my usual 125lbs and AS I AM WORKING OUT, I can feel my stomach getting larger! The water retention is unbearable! Everyone is different and these ratings show that- it may work for you, but I hated it! My skin DID clear up though, as opposed to Yaz. Oh yeah, and today I am about to have a LARGE freaking panic attack- is it from this CRAZY pill??? Possibly! I know the difference between regular girlie mood swings and 'pill related- i love you one minute and the next I am going to get SOOO angry at you... then in three minutes I am going to cry because I yelled at you' difference!!! I take my hat off to my hubs for putting up with me during this time! UGH! So good luck to anyone who is taking this! RID: 5026
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    3/22/08   5     1     1     1   This pill did NOT work for me. I had terrible headaches, violent moodswings, depression, and a low sex drive. I began taking this pill because Alesse (which I never should have stopped taking) was causing me to have long periods. This pill raised my blood pressure from 110/70 to 163/119. I also had a mild stroke. I've never experienced anything like this before. I lead a very healthy lifestyle and have never dealt with these heath problems in the past. This birth control brand did not work for me. I also had a lot of acne, which is something I never had...even as a teenager. RID: 4575
Read this rating's feedback
Click to report rating    3/11/08   5     4     5     5   I have been on this pill for years now and the only side effects I've experienced are tender **** (not horrible, could be worse from what i've heard about other pills) and some depression. Depression is a common complaint with this pill, but did some research and it turns out a lot of bc pills lower vitamin B with is essential for mood balance, so I started taking a B compled supplement and the depression went away. Compared to the horror stories associated with other pills I'd say tender **** and manageable mood swings are worth it RID: 4488
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    3/7/08   5     3     5     5   I have been on Microgestin for about 9 months now. I have had light break thru bleeding for most of the time. This past month, I had heavy break thru bleeding for the past 8 days and haven't even started my placebo pills yet! I put on 10 lbs when starting this pill and can not seem to loose it. No problems with breaks outs but do seem to get more "moody" than when on other pills. RID: 4451
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/28/08   4     1     3     3   I am almost done with my first pack of microgestin and during the first week everything went smoothly but now in my 3 week of taking the pill I have horrible headaches like everyday and I just recently began to spot. I am wondering if I should just continue taking the pill or if I should try another one? RID: 4383
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/20/08   4     1     3     4   ive was switched form triclyclen low to this bwecause i was having breakthough bleeding like almost everyday. now my face is broken out so bad and i cant get rif of it, and my moods, oh my god, i want to pick fights with everyone and get aggitated and irritaed and frusterated at the slightest things, so frusterated that i want to throw a six year olf temper tantrum and shout and scream and cry and throw myself on the floor, and all this didnt start until i started on this awful pill. but by breakthough bleeding has stopped RID: 4337
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/19/08   3     2     5     4   I have been on this pill for a little over a week and already my face is going crazy - zits breaking out everywhere, when my face prior to switching to this pill had been pretty much clear for a while (I switched from Kariva in the hopes of shortening my long & heavy periods). Also it may be my imagination, but it does seem to be affecting my mood and making me more tired than usual. I know I haven't been on it very long yet, but already I don't like it and want to switch back. If I'm going to start seeing a lot of side effects, I'd rather go back to my miserable periods on my old pill! RID: 4329
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/12/08   5     3     3     3   I've only been on this pill for 2 weeks. I have had some of the side effects such as headache, dizziness, and water weight retention. I work out and eat decent...I just hope these 3 lbs of water weight I've gained so far come off within the next 2 months. One side effect I DON'T have is nausea...which is good because Orthotrycyclin Lo gave me plenty of that. RID: 4286
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/19/07   3     1     2     1   before i went on this pill, i weighed 118 lb. now, 10 months later, i weigh 136. i work out far more than i used to, and still eat about the same. also, i am about 3 weeks late on my period right now, therefore i could be pregnant. this pill SUCKS!!! RID: 3784
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/4/07   5     4     5     5   I have endometriosis so my doctor recommends a continuous routine. This bcp works great, I was having alot of spotting on Yasmin and this was a huge relief to me. I would recommend this pill to any woman. RID: 3695
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/24/07   5     5     5     5   From the beginning I never had any spotting, or break through bleeding. My periods last 2-4 days and are so light I only need pantie liners. I have never experienced PMS on this pill, but do have occasional mood swings. I would recommend this pill to a first timer because the side effects were rarely felt for me, but always ask your physician if this is the right fit for you. RID: 2446
Rate this drug

Add these ratings to your own website
* Rating left by a registered user

Best Rated Drugs in birth control / contraceptives