DrugRating

Find, rate and review Drugs and Medications

Diane-35 drug reviews

Add a picture of this drug Save this listing Search again
Diane-35
drug
Category:  birth control / contraceptives
Generic Name:  Dianette
Profile updated: 5/11/07    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

good quality
Rating: 3.7 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.

Drug Diane-35 has a good overall rating on DrugRatingz.com.

The following postings have not been substantiated by DrugRatingz.com.

New! - Questions and answers about this drug

Submit a news article about this drug Rate this drug
KEY Date

a

l

u

e

Comments

Click to report rating    7/23/13   1     1     2     1   I went on Diane 35 following 4 years of what I believed was hormonal acne. The drug worked well the first month and I experienced less acne. However, I believe now it may have been a fluke, the following months my acne and break outs remained the same. I lost hair, experienced pain in my legs and gained weight in the mis section despite no change to my diet or fitness activity and having never weight issues. To make matters worse, the pill totally took my body off its schedule that it has been on for 5 years of cyclen. I still have yet to get my body back on that schedule. The drug cost over 40$ here in canada and was not covered my medicare. I stayed on Diane 35 for over 6 months hoping it would eventually begin to work. With the cons outweighing the pros, I have gone back to cyclen which I experienced no decrease or increase in break outs and is free. Perhaps my acne is not hormonal and this is reason the pill did not work. Still I felt I should share my experience. RID: 8525
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/18/13   5     4     5     4   I took this for 5 years and loved it as a birth control pill. Less side effects than other BCP RID: 8419
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    4/10/12   4     2     4     3   I was on the generic cyestra 35 and i noticed that once I started taking it my acne decreased. I still broke out but rarely while I was on it, so I would recommend it to anyone struggling with stubborn hormonal acne. Zero acne cysts since ive been on it. However ive decided to stop it due to many side effects: 10-15lb weight gain, massive boobs, dry skin, thinner hair, fatigue, random mood swings... plus ive have issues with veins all over my body since ive started it. I can live with the side effects but they`re definitely annoying. So if you can handle possible side effects, go for it! RID: 8201
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/29/12   5     3     5     5   I use Diane 35 for female-pattern hair loss. I am from America, so I have to order it online. I truly find it ridiculous that this bc is not offered in this country! I will admit that I think it contributed to weight gain and it took several months to take effect, but Diane worked wonders. My hair that had been thinning for years is shiny, lustrous, and growing!! I've been taking it for 2.5 years now. I also take 200 mg/day of Spironolactone and I just started 0.5 mg/day Dutasteride to see if it help any more, but I am very satisfied. New doctors tell me they never would have known I had hair loss. RID: 8146
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    4/15/11   5     3     4     5   I have been using Diane for about a year to treat female pattern hair loss. I was already using Spironolactone (100mg/day) and Rogaine for a year and a half prior. I must say Diane has worked wonderfully well in both decreasing oiliness of my hair and reducing breakouts. My skin has NEVER been so clear. However, it caused my hair to fall out a lot in the first few months. Patience is key. I have to order it off line, because I'm in America, but it's by far worth the extra hassle. RID: 7817
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    4/6/10   5     2     4     4   It works great as a birth control. I've been on it for almost 4mths. lately this month though I have noticed lots of spotting. Also within the last two months my sex drive has hit ROCK BOTTOM. I can't get aroused if my life depended on it, which sucks bc i always have had a healthy high sex drive. RID: 7397
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    12/26/09   5     4     5     5   Ive been on this drug for 7 years for POS. I only had a mild case, small abnormal hair growth, and irregular periods. But it has effectively cured all of my problems. I also use it as a birth control, and as far as acne goes.. I only get a few pimples while im having my period. My libido has dropped, but i have taken other vitamins from GNC that have helped in that case. I havnt gained any weight. I dont think girls understand that when they start taking this drug (around puberty) that their bodies are changing, and YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT. BUT if you stay active, and watch what you eat, it wont matter if your on th pill or not. I run everyday, and play varsity soccer, and weight wise it hasnt effected me at all. I have also never had problems with any sort of pains. Id strongly recommend it. But everyones body is different right?! good luck :) RID: 7271
Click to report rating
 4/14/09   5     3     5     5   Diane-35 works so wonderfully for acne (I have had acne my whole life - most recently cystic acne) and I don't notice any other side effects like being sad or depressed however it does give me constant yeast infections (I've started and stopped it several times and the yeast infections start and stop with it...hmmm). It's too bad because there is nothing better that I've tried to acne. I don't think it's good on sex drive either - seems to squash it. And it's a more dangerous pill for blood clots, etc. so be sure to do your research. RID: 6827
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/14/08   5     3     5     4   I took this pill for 7 years, no weight gain and it cleared up my skin and greasy hair. BUT after being on it a few years i noticed a loss in density of my hair, and have had shedding problems for the longest time, i think it may be due to this bcp. I went off it 4 months ago and my skin is not as great and my hair is greasy again, i am waiting to see if my hair comes back, if not then i will go back on it and know that it has nothing to do with the loss. RID: 6207
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/11/08   5     4     5     5   I have now tried 3 different pills, and everytime I come back to Diane. It didn't really help my cramps and I had to pluck my eyebrows a bit more, but my skin cleared up, my libido was better than before, and the only place I gained weight was in my chest! RID: 6007
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    8/12/08   5     4     3     5   This was by far the best BC I have ever used. I used this pill from 19-24 years old. I went down a dress size on this pill, my **** got bigger, and my skin cleared up. Was also effective for BC. Too bad it isn't FDA approved, or else I would still be on it. RID: 5587
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    6/13/08   2     1     2     2   This made my hair fall out. The worst was the pain in my calf,arm,abdominals,toes/feet,and thighs. The sudden lightheadedness/dizziness/weakness also made me scared and was taken off right away-doctor couldn't find anything but said that it was signs of a blood clot trying to form. Was only on for a week and a half. Made my skin SUPER soft though!! RID: 5184
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/10/08   5     2     4     4   Diane35 is effective birth control and acne treatment. It only decreased my hair growth a little, if it was that alone it wouldn't be worth it. The worst part is the non-existent sex drive. I barely have any desire at all. It sucks, since it seems that the same is for alesse and other contraceptive I have to ask why the drug companies don't list this on their side effects??? RID: 4278
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/24/08   4     2     3     1   I took Diane for one year and it really cleared up my skin but my sex drive did decrease alot and it made my eyes so dry (I am a contact wearer) that I couldnt wear contacts anymore. 5 months later I still have extremely dry eyes, and my acne came back. RID: 4178
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/17/07   5     2     5     3   I took this OC for over 5 years and did not notice any side effects until I went off it for a month. Then I notice that my libido was almost normal. I had forgotten what it was like before I went on the pill. It was a wonderful solution for my acne because it went away in about a month (I had tried everything under the sun until I agreed to take OC), but it killed my sex drive and that's not fun at all. RID: 3295
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/3/07   5     1     3     2   I took this pill for almost two years and it was horrible!!! It was the first BCP I had ever taken so I didn't know what to expect at first. I was taking it for acne, and I can tell you that it did not work at all. In fact, since I began taking it on a regular basis, I noticed my acne flare up cyst like and it didn't die down. I gained about 15 to 20 pounds, and experienced leg pains and excess hair growth on the face. I would not reccomend this pill for anyone. I switched to Tricyclen lo and lost the weigth and excess hair, however on this pill I've become so depressed and neurotic, I feel as though I'm losing my mind. I only hope that as soon a I talk with my doctor I can one day find a BCP that does not have all this ridiculous and very scary side effects. What are we doing to our bodies women????? I'm very worried! RID: 3206
Rate this drug

Add these ratings to your own website
* Rating left by a registered user

Best Rated Drugs in birth control / contraceptives