DrugRating

Find, rate and review Drugs and Medications

Dilaudid drug reviews

Rate My Boss
Add a picture of this drug Save this listing Search again
Dilaudid
drug
Category:  pain relief
Generic Name:  Hydromorphone
Profile updated: 9/26/05    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

good quality
Rating: 4.1 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.

Drug Dilaudid has a good overall rating on DrugRatingz.com.

The following postings have not been substantiated by DrugRatingz.com.

New! - Questions and answers about this drug

Submit a news article about this drug Rate this drug
KEY Date

a

l

u

e

Comments

Click to report rating    7/18/14   4     4     5     5   I have been taking Dilaudid 8mgs for 2 years now for chronic back pain.I have had great success with this drug.I would highly recommend this drug for anyone who deals with chronic pain.This is an excellent drug for me. RID: 10265
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/15/14   5     4     5     5   Dilaudid works excellent for my spikes of pain and that is exactly why my Pain Management Specialist prescribes it for me. RID: 10078
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
     2/8/12   SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
Click to report rating    11/11/10   5     4     5     5   Been in the hospital for over a year now, for kidney failure, blood clots, diabetes ( sugars over 1300 ) multiple ruptured blood vessels in both eyes heart disease and pancreatites dosage is 2mg iv every 3-4 hours coupled with phenagren and maranol for nausea, was switched to IM for a brief period of time but did not work. I've also been on percs/oxy's/tabs/morphine/toradol/roxys and almost any other opiate you can think of none worked as good or as fast as the dilly, dilaudid is 4x stronger then morphine and carries the highest risk for abuse. In order to get the same effect as 2mg iv you would need 4-8 mg in pill form, snorting dilliys does absolutely nothing don't waste your meds, in reference to oxy 2mg = about 15mg of oxy hope this helped RID: 7627
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    8/15/10   5     3     5     5   7/11/2010 I broke 5 ribs 7th11 was given this drug in the hospital, worked great. givin same to go home in pill form 2mg told take 2every 4hrs worked great thank you doc, after 2 weeks my skin felt like its was on fire and crawling. still say thank you doc. don't know how I could have made it without the pain management. RID: 7534
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    7/21/10   5     4     3     5   MY DRS HAVE STOPPED ALLOWING MYSELF 2 SELF-ADMINSTER 4MG DILAUDID, & 25 MG PHENEGREN, WHY I DON'T KNOW. ONE DR. SAID HE JUST DIDN'T FEEL COMFORTABLE GIVING ME IM INJECTIONS. NEDDLESS 2 SAY AFTER ABOUT 5 TO 7 YEARS OF CONSTANT USE & GOING PRACTICALLY COLD TURKEY, I FEEL LIKE PUSHING MYSELF OUT IN FRONT OF A MOVING VEHICLE AND ENDING IT ALL ONCE & 4 GOOD, HOPING THAT IT WOULD HIT THE CONSCIOS OF THE DR. REALLY, REALLY, HARD. BUT HE DON'T CARE...TIMOTHY RID: 7508
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    6/17/09   4     3     4     4   works better in the iv form. i dont get too tired.the pain gos and stays away for at least 2 hours with the pill. RID: 6939
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/8/08   4     1     2     2   I was recently in the ER for a urinary tract infection, they gave me this drug mixed with droperido (for nausea) and I wish I would have just dealt with the pain. I couldn't even function, the room kept spinning, I felt like crawling out of my skin, and vomitted many times in the 12 hrs or so it took to get out of my system. NOT a fan! Its now a day and a half later and I still feel weird, but getting back on track. RID: 5730
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/5/07   4     4     4     5   I suffer servere migrains daily usually after a week or so I reach my peak of pain tolerance and end up in the er getting dilaudid phenagran and toradal.which usually helps for a cpl hours..recently my doctor gave me all 3 in pill form..my insurance covers them all.. its a lot easier to open the medicine cabinet when I get a migraine than having to go sit in an er waiting for a shot.. the drug works well for me I have been on over 200 medications for my migrains in every combination you can think of and dilaudid works best for me if only for a short time.... RID: 3217
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/1/07   5     1     4     2   I guess it is very good and effective when used corectly. It is a very strong drug and can be very dangerous if not taken properly. Ce médicament est très efficace mais doit être administré correctement car c'est très fort et peut-être dangereux si utilisation innaproprié. RID: 3194
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    8/14/07   5     5     5     5   Recently had this drug IV in the ER for the first time in my life when I was in acute pain from food poisoning with extremely cramping besides vomiting and diarrha This drug was incredible. Relief was immediate... so smooth I told the nurse I could see how someone could become addicted to this drug. This drug was also used in conjunction with another drug for my nausea. They worked beautifully together. RID: 3103
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    4/15/07   2     4     1     5   i've had this three times in the ER for severe, ongoing (weeks!) migraine. it was basically like a shot of WATER. all opiates make me throw up violently and endlessly. given in IV form, it doesn't do this. it gave me perhaps 3 hours of relief, in which i was able to sleep. i woke up with the same godawful pain in my head..... i rated the convenience as bad because YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE ER TO GET THIS. and i rated the value as good because INSURANCE PAID FOR IT. if i had to buy it myself, i'm sure it would NOT be a good value. RID: 2228
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/19/07   5     4     5     5   Tres bon analgésique mais narcotique et qui peut donner des étourdissements parfois lorsque pris au début surtout mais les doses doivent etre augmenter avec le temp si pris a long terme. Tres bon effet qualité prix. RID: 1542
Click to report rating
 12/30/06   5     5     4     4   I have a big tolerance b/c I have had 3 back surgeries, hystertomy, cancer surgery, bunionectomy, c-section, 3 cancer surgeries, 3 broken arms (left), 1 broken arm (right), liver biopsy, discogram...which is unbearable RID: 1421
Click to report rating
 9/5/06   5     4     5     5   Used in hospital through pump and orally in pill form for acute pancreatitis. A lifesaver, never have I felt such pain. I could still feel it, I just didn't care, it was like the pain was far away. Put me to sleep. RID: 980
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    7/5/06   3     2     3     3   I have had dilaudid in its pill form a few times and took it and never felt much taking it oraly as meant to, but once in the hospital I had an iv hooked up and they gave me dilaudid and I was in heaven, no pain and I felt so good, really clean no nausia at all. Im not sure if maybe taking more pills would achieve such an effect, maybe crushing them and snorting them might do it. RID: 731
Rate this drug

Add these ratings to your own website
* Rating left by a registered user

Best Rated Drugs in pain relief