DrugRating

Find, rate and review Drugs and Medications

Panlor SS drug reviews

Rate My Boss
Add a picture of this drug Save this listing Search again
Panlor SS
drug
Category:  pain relief
Manufacturer:  PanLab
Website:  panlor.com/panlor.shtm... external link
Profile updated: 9/1/05    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

average quality
Rating: 3.3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.

Drug Panlor SS has a fair overall rating on DrugRatingz.com.

The following postings have not been substantiated by DrugRatingz.com.

New! - Questions and answers about this drug

Submit a news article about this drug Rate this drug
KEY Date

a

l

u

e

Comments

Click to report rating    7/15/10   5     5     5     2   eff 5 it works 2 side eff no 3 conv yes value not so much ** I was involved in a terrible car accident 4/29/04. A van in front had a ladder it flew off was coming in the window, we tried to avoid almost did. We flipped the suv 4 or 5 times. A tractor trailer behind us &barely missed running us over. I went to several drs, they all gave me muscle relaxers, after 3 years of non stop pain & pain & tests mri,ct scans my dr gave me panlor ss. If you are unable to stop pain for a few moments then a few days you can not heal. Dr's dont want to give narc or they cant or whatever their reasoning. When I did finally receive this med. when I was out of pain for a few days, then a few weeks. I very rarely need a refill maybe 2 times a year, 60 tabs out of 365 days not too bad. Dr's, have to give the patient a chance to heal, before they consider them addicts, I have a good DR, had to go to the Cherokee Indians to fianally get help. They are the best in Murphy NC. RID: 7498
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    11/11/08   5     5     5     1   I had cancer 10 years ago and was in alot of pain in my bones and I have fibroymaligia and arthritis I had taken loratab tens, 7.5 you name it and nothing helped as well as the panlor ss when I first started it, it had just came out by the fda I can't find a doctor where I live that knows anything about it so they just want to prescribe loratab I just wish doctors would learn more about this drug. I only wish my husband could find a doctor who would give him this instead of hydromorphine he has to take it no matter what becuase it is so danagers to get off it but the panlor ss I think would really help him but you can't find doctors here in deep south texas that has any idea what it is that is sad RID: 6196
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    10/13/08   4     3     4     4   My Doctor gave me Panlor SS for my headaches. Lorcet is the only other pain killer that works for me but it makes me so tired. Panlor SS does the trick with out making me so delirious. And my rx is only $15. RID: 6019
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/5/08   3     5     1     5   I was given this med in replacement for LORTAB. And its no where near as effective, I was very upset when my dr gave me drug. I have a Chronic Knee problem, and the next step is OXY. RID: 4914
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    3/5/08   5     5     5     4   Panlor SS works well for me. I have developed allergies to many of the other pain medications on the market so was happy to find one that does at least take the edge off and make life bearable. RID: 4420
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    12/28/07   4     4     5     3   I have moderate to severe arthritis; generic is a good value (APAP/CAFF/DIHYDROCOD). It doesn't make me crazy or lethargic. I can still function. RID: 3976
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/7/07   2     3     3     3   i was given lortab 7.5 mg for an infection of the jaw caused by a cavity i didnt even know i had. when the lortab were gone the doc gave me panlor ss. this drug is not nearly effective as hydrocodone...like someone else said on this page-NOT EVERYONE TAKES PRESCRIPTION DRUGS TO GET HIGH. THE L 7.5S WERE MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE AND THE DOC WOULDNT GIVE ME ANYMORE i think because he thoght i was trying to abuse them. thats not the case. These drugs should be given for their purpose, not substituded by a doctors foolish assumption. i was in severe pain. honestly i think my age had somethin to do with him not givin me a stronger pain med. "im 25" so my overall opinion on the drug panlor ss=its probly ok for moderate pain not severe and it does have side effects more so than not. i found it to have the same effect on pain such as darvocet. it also can cause extreme facial flushing. on a scale 1 to 10 i give it a 3. and there is a generic now called zerlor ss RID: 3232
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    7/16/07   2     5     3     1   i tried it a few years ago for my chronic neck pain combined with chronic migraines, and I actually thought it made the pain worse (pain similar to rebound pain). I used it today for knee pain because the ibuprofen wasn't working and it WORKED (even though the medication expired 9 months ago.) Please note...I did try it recently for neck pain and it didn't work for such severe pain. Hope this message helps. RID: 2839
Click to report rating
 5/8/07   3     5     4     2   It does a fair job of taking pain away.It is a little better than tylenol#3 but not quite as effective as vicodin.I guess that is a good thing because it does not give that fuzzy feeling which to me is good because there is less of a chance of abusing it.the main ingredient is dihydrocodeine which is a semi synthetic narcotic. The bad part is suprisingly it does not come in a generic so it can get to e pretty expensive. So all in all it is not as good as percs or vicodin but works a heck of a lot better than darvocet. RID: 2369
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    1/7/07   2     4     2     1   This is an okay drug, however it does not give optimum pain relief. It is not good for severe pain with joints and muscle. Take with zanaflex increases the effectivness. RID: 1439
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    8/19/06   5     4     5     5   Had a SEVER case of the Shingles, which settled in my face.. lose vision, and muscle tone, as well have been left with constantl pain, due to nerve damge on the left side of my face. Thank GOodness for the expertise of my Doctor. We tried everything to releave the pain, and I DO MEAN EVEYTHING, He even mixed a brew of his own...( He also is a Pharmacist ) BUT the only thing that truly relieved the pain, was Panlor SS.. Yes it has been almost 5 years now.. and YES I am at the Maximum Dosage, but the only thing left Is Oxicodone.. and THAT IS NOT FOR ME...Some days the pain is worse than other...but am learned to schedule my days around when I know the worse is going to occur. I realize the Price is High.... BUt I could Not function without this drug... and at least I can have a normal life, and NOT be confined to my home.... THANK YOU..... Mallory RID: 838
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    8/8/06   1     1     1     1   I would rather save my inurance company the money than ever pay for this drug again. I was given this medication in replace of Lortab, which also was not helping. However, Panlor SS was even worse my pain went from a 6 on pain killers to a 9 on pain killers. I now just stick to patches to kill the pain and otc ibuprofin. Maybe it is the simple fact that once your pain is at a certain level no drug will help it. Vicodin sucks also, I have neuropathy, a bulging disc, and in my left knee I have a torn acl, scare tissue, arthitis, and bone depletion I mean really what medicine can help when your nerves are shot and you can barely move? RID: 819
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    7/30/06   5     3     5     5   I took the panlor dc a few yrs ago and it help alot, when I tried to get a refill they stop this prescription so I had to tried differant pills. They either didn't work or was making me high and tired. Then I saw a ad for it again. The doctor put me on the Panlor SS and it has help alot for my back. I have chronic pain all over my back from the neck to the trunk. When I first went on it I was getting lighthead but that went away after a couple of weeks. Even a friend try it and he said it work great on him. RID: 793
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    7/26/06   3     2     1     1   Should have a generic available very soon. That will help a lot with cost. As far as effectiveness...it's about the same as Lortab, Vicoden...etc. Has caffein so it might keep you awake at night. RID: 776
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    7/2/06   1     3     1     1   I am sooo mad i went to my doctor he gave me dorvacet it did not helkp the pain plus the other medicine he gave me did not heal me. So i had to go to the emergency room at a local hospital the doc deadened an area then made a incision on me and dug around in it with a q-tip. He then sent me home with a PANLOR SS. IT SUCKS BAD and this thing hurts. Some people use vicodin to get high, but i got an severe infection from a bite on my finger and i am in real pain and they know it. i am not going to get addicted just give me the meds i need. I am going to change doctors after this and find one not so worried about what he prescibes. RID: 724
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    6/22/06   2     1     2     1   why the hell cant they just give you the stuff that works.... Just because some people use vicodin to get high, it ruins it for the people who are in real pain. I think panlor sucks ,but it will have to work for today till I can see my doctor who I might add is on vaction always never there when you need them.... RID: 702
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/28/06   5     5     5     5   I've been taking this for YEARS, it may have made me dizzy the first couple of times I took it is all... It is far better than vicodin! I also take vicodin and that is like taking candy to me. I have severe back problems and MUST be on pain medication constantly. Vicodin stopped helping me a long time ago. I take the MAXIMUM dose of Panlor SS allowed by law. If the Panlor did not work, The next step would be Oxycontin. I chose to stay on Panlor SS as there are NO side effects for me that is... They are addicting just like any other medication for pain. The Panlor SS (or DC) has a synthetic codiene (Dihydrocodeine Bitartrate)in it, which is actually STRONGER than regular codeine by far. The higher amounts of acetaminophen (712.8mg) and the higher amount of synthetic codeine (60mg) mixed with the caffeine is what does the trick. If taken at the maximum dosage like me, it's DOUBLE those amounts (every 8 hours). It doesn't make me feel "high" because I don't abuse them at all... RID: 677
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/20/06   2     5     5     1   Makes me dizzy and I must take naseau medicine with it!! Does not work as well as hydrocodone!! RID: 674
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/6/06   4     4     5     3   controls moderate to severe pain effectively, however, insurance co - pay does not cover this. Other drugs such as Lorcet, Vicodine is covered by co - pay RID: 664
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    9/10/05   5     1     4     4   It works great, but it makes me really dizzy. I have gallstones and I keep having gallbladder attacks...waiting to get it taken out next week, hopefully. RID: 256
Rate this drug

Add these ratings to your own website
* Rating left by a registered user

Best Rated Drugs in pain relief