DrugRating

Find, rate and review Drugs and Medications

Lo Loestrin Fe drug reviews

Rate My Boss
Add a picture of this drug Save this listing Search again
Lo Loestrin Fe
drug
Category:  birth control / contraceptives
Generic Name:  Norethindrone-E.Estradiol-Iron
Manufacturer:  Warner Chilcott Company Llc
Profile updated: 2/15/11    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

average quality
Rating: 3.4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews.

Drug Lo Loestrin Fe has a fair overall rating on DrugRatingz.com.

The following postings have not been substantiated by DrugRatingz.com.

New! - Questions and answers about this drug

Q: after taking this drug, I've been suffering strange dreams and night terrors. Is this a side effect?    Subscribe    Answer it    See answers

Submit a news article about this drug Rate this drug
KEY Date

a

l

u

e

Comments

Click to report rating
 2/13/14   1     1     5     5   I suffer from migraines, mainly menstrual and my Dr. thought this would help. I just started my last week of the pack and I have been having a very light period for almost 10 days. I have had worse headaches during the last 10 days than ever. One lasted for 4 days. I have been irritable, depressed, anxious and have gained 4 pounds. I think that after reading the other testimonies I will be stopping. RID: 10077
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

8/11/13   1     1     1     1   i hate this pill worst birthcontrol ever terrible panic attacks constant anxiety with i cant concentrate because my mind is soo fuzzy cant eat cant sleep headaches wont go away either my breast are swollen and sore i miss ortho tricyclen now RID: 8540
Click to report rating
 8/4/13   5     2     3     5   Effectiveness: I definitely never got pregnant while on it. Side Effects: My blood pressure when from normal to hypertension II in the 3 months while on it. It has been dropping back to normal since gett off. Convenience: It is no different than any other pill. Value: I get it for free. RID: 8536
Click to report rating
 3/14/13   5     3     4     4   I am beginning my second pack on Sunday and so far I have not had any side effects. After reading everyone's rating, I am not wondering if the drug is the cause of my chest aches. Acne is slight and I haven't noted any weight gain. The first two weeks I did spot sporadically and spontaneously usually after sex. I will post later on (2-4 months) to let the community know how it has turned out! RID: 8456
Click to report rating
 1/19/13   5     1     1     1   I started taking Loestrin 1 1/2 months ago and my life has been turned upside down!! I bleed on and off all day EVERY DAY. There hasn't been one day where I couldn't go without wearing a pad. Some days I bleed like a regular period, other days it's really light. Now I'm in the middle of my active pills and I'm having the heaviest period ever! I've been bleeding like this for 7 days and it doesn't seem to go away any time soon. I'm having panic attacks, headaches, weight gain, terrible dreams, I cry EVERYDAY about nothing. No one wants to be around me because of my crying and terrible moood swings. I get sleepy in the middle of the day for no reason. All I do is panic, worry, blow up at people, and cry. Not to mention this pill causes vomiting and nauseousness. I've never been so depressed and irritated in my life. It's hard to have sex because of the on and off bleeding, and I can't get even wet! I'm throwing these damn pills away today, they should be taken off of the market! RID: 8422
Click to report rating
 12/17/12   5     1     5     1   I have been using this product for 6 months. I am taking it to control hot flashes. I have not had a period since I started unsure if it is the pill or menopause. I now have numerouse blood clots in my lungs and the doctors believe this is the culprit. My symptom was shortness of breathe which got progressively worse over the past three months. The day I went to the E.R. I had passed out and could not get a deep breath. I am in good health, exercise,drin plenty of water and don't smoke. Just sharing my experience in case.... RID: 8396
Click to report rating
 10/8/12   5     4     5     5   I rarely write product reviews, but for the benefit of women who, like me, have suffered through debilitating PMDD, I want to spread the word on this pill. I realize that all women react differently to various forms of birth control, so I can't guarantee that everyone will have the same results. My story: I am 28 years old and my PMS has become increasingly difficult to cope with as I've gotten older - to the extent that my obgyn diagnosed me with PMDD. I don't care what those who challenge the legitimacy of PMDD say - we women who have dealt with it know it is a very real condition. The psychological side effects of it became unbearable. I tried everything they tell you to counteract it, including several other types of BC with heavier doses of hormones. Nothing helped. For the first time in years I have made it through a month without those symptoms: thanks to this drug. I feel mentally stable, motivated, higher libido, and no weight change. Only negative side effect: acid reflux. RID: 8356
Click to report rating
 8/16/12   5     4     4     4   Just started my second pack. A couple of days of spotting on the first pack, PMDD greatly improved, no mood swings, no weight gain, no acne, no bloating or tenderness and no period. I did take a pregnancy test before starting the 2nd pack just to be sure, but it was negative. Big plus: increased libido. Yay RID: 8303
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

8/13/12   5     3     5     4   I'm 36 and have horrible heavy periods so the doc recommended it. The first week was very tough..bad headaches, sleepy all day ...things are so much better now...a little nausea that helps me not to eat as much...the only effect that has not changed is that my breast are so full I have to look for bigger bras...I have breast implants already so the little increase is very noticed ..as long as it doesn't go out of control I will continue taking them! RID: 8300
Click to report rating
 8/3/12   2     1     2     1   I've been on this pill for four months and my appetite has continued to grow. I've always been a tiny person who's never been overly hungry. Since taking this pill, I literally cannot stop eating. I'm ravenous from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed (God help me if I wake up during the night). I have gained 10 lbs and two cup sizes, not to mention my monthly copay is $60! I absolutely hate Lo Loestrin and have already called my doctor to switch to a different, more affordable birth control pill! Yuck! RID: 8288
Click to report rating
 7/26/12   1     1     1     1   Not even one month on this pill. "Break Through" period for a week no signs of stopping, headaches, nausea, weight gain, dizziness, SERIOUS chest pains and heart palpitations and anxiety, feeling moody and slightly depressed, shortness of breath, very tired, overall NOT good feeling, upset stomach, nothing aleviates the symptoms, my OB says I need to adjust and said to continue taking it but no thank you, I took the pill this morning as scheduled and thouroughly regret it, I wish I could remove the pill from my body so I can start recovering from it. I just called my OB to let her know Im stopping, I have an appt with her Monday if I am not still bleeding (which from this site and others I realize I probably will still be bleeding)I do not recommend this pill but if you do take it, stop taking it as soon as the side effects start cuz they only get worse. I suggest stopping as soon as break through bleeding starts cuz it only gets worse from there, ugh id rather go abstinent than this RID: 8282
Click to report rating
 6/28/12   5     3     4     4   I've tried 3 different kinds of birth control in the past 2 years, and Lo Loestrin is BY FAR the best. I was previously on Loestrin 24, which caused my cup size to increase from a nice 32 C to a 32 DD or 34 D - it was painful and absurd, caused weight gain, as well as mood swings. I tried Nuva Ring for a few months and got constant UTIs. Lo Loestrin is the best pill ever! The low dose has given me literally 1 day periods that are so light I need one tampon, and my cup size still increased but not as much and with no weight gain. My only complaint is the cost! I pay 60$ even with my insurance! This pill is great. RID: 8258
Click to report rating
 6/23/12   3     1     3     3   Could only take this pill for a week. Caused hot flashes, upset stomach (that lasted almost a week even after I stopped taking it), EXTREME heart palpitations and EXTREME anxiety. I have never experienced anxiety until this pill. I was trying to give my body time to get used to it but the side effects were much too extreme and I was scared of any long term effects it could have if I continued. I swore of birth control after the Nuva Ring caused depression (which stopped when I stopped taking it). I thought this low dose hormone birth control would have the least possible side effects... So much for that! Ill stick to condoms. RID: 8251
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

6/22/12   1     1     1     1   40, been taking it for 3 months switching from Beyaz because of lower risk of heart and stroke issues. I felt horrible the first two months, but thought I would give it another month so my body can get used to it. My breasts hurt all the time, I have horrible headaches and migranes, started my period 10 days ago and still bleeding/spotting. The worst part is the terrible night sweats, dizziness and low energy I have. My chest hurt so much and had such an awful headache last week, my husband took me to Urgent Care. Dr checked my heart and did an EKG and told me my heart was fine and that my symptoms sounded hormone related and to go back to my OBGYN and get on a different pill. Last night, I had terrible night sweats and insomnia. May work for others, but not for me. The fact that it costs me $40 is not even an issue, if I feel terrible, it's not worth it. I will not even finish this pack, stopping it today. RID: 8249
Click to report rating
 6/16/12   3     1     5     3   I went on this pill for ovarian cysts - it fixed that problem but created an entire world of other ones. For the first few months I had no problems! But then came the anxiety attacks. I finally got over those and now have turned to periods of absolute RAGE like I have never experienced in my life. I am generally a really laid-back person but find myself flying off the handle (blinding anger) for no reason whatsoever. My brain is foggy, I have been bloated for the past four months (I have to buy maternity cloths to hide my stomach!), I am tired constantly, and I feel utterly worthless. Couldn't figure out why I had gone from constantly happy to constantly anxious until I put the pieces together and realized it all started when I went on this HORRIFIC pill. RID: 8243
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

5/24/12   5     1     5     1   I started taking this in November or December 2011 at 39 years + was on it for about 6 months. I loved it, didn't have mood swings, and periods were very short. If I forgot a day I would bleed a little between periods. Also, I lost about 20 pounds! (Other effects included more facial acne than normal, lightheadedness in the afternoon, 2 optic migraines (visual only, no headache, a hugely increased appetite with no weight gain, and shakiness, which I assumed was hunger.)I thought the weight loss was great till I had bloodwork that showed I had become hyperthyroid - this all happened "coincidentally" after I started taking this drug, so beware! I went off the bc and then had a thyroid storm (with palpiations, 120 beats a minute) about 3-4 weeks later. Luckily my husband is a doc and was able to treat me immediately. I have been off this a month and am waiting to see if things return to normal after the pill is completely out of my system. Still haven't gotten my period back yet. RID: 8228
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

4/24/12   5     1     2     2   Everyone reacts differently, so this is just my experience. I have no had depression or really any hormone-related mood swings previous to using birth control. I used microgestin for a while, and then switched to this after getting depression on microgestin. First 6 months or so were okay, but after a year of using it, I'm severely depressed. Crying every day about nothing, extremely low self-esteem, paranoia and anxiety regarding my career and my boyfriend. I don't feel like myself and I have no control over my emotions. I'm stopping this once I end my pack this month. It's not worth it to feel crazy. Also, at $73/month, this is too much for a grad student to cover. No generic, so you are stuck with this one. I was hoping the low dosage would minimize the effects of the hormone, but it's really the same as any other hormonal birth control - terrible. I'm looking at a copper IUD next, if not then it's back to condoms or a diaphragm. RID: 8209
Click to report rating
 4/23/12   3     1     1     5   I am 22 and I was LOF for 1 month just to try it out. At first I liked it but I quickly noticed I got a lot of acne on my chest and face that kept getting worse. I was paranoid and anxious all the time. I never got a good nights sleep and always felt tired. My boyfriend was really getting worried about me so I quit taking it when the month was up. I have now been off of it for 1 month and I couldn't be more unhappy. I have been an emotional wreck! I thought I would have started my period by now but still haven't. My breasts are very tender and have grown a lot. I gained weight in my stomach and still trying to get it off. I'm just ready for these mood swings to go away, I cry out of nowhere and I've been such a B to everyone that cares the most about me. I'm thankful I'm off of the pill, I just want my body back to normal and to start my period. Save your money, don't take this BC! RID: 8208
Click to report rating
 4/3/12   5     5     5     5   I know every birth control pill works differently for everyone but Lo Loestrin Fe is my favorite ever!!! I am 46 years old and have tried alot of birth control pill brands. Yes, I spotted during the first 3 months but now there is no more spotting. Before this pill, I experienced heavy hairloss and weight gain on another pill, now my hair has stopped falling out and I have lost the extra weight. I feel great. Lo Loestrin Fe has been a godsend for me personally. I'm glad I stuck with it during the first 3 months where I had some symptoms but now all have been resolved. I also feel better being on a lower dose hormone which should help decrease stroke risk. RID: 8199
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

3/29/12   5     5     5     1   $70 bucks with the $10 coupon and no insurance. yikes. other than that it works for me. i was on aviane for 2 years until i had a mini-stroke. i've been on nothing for 6 months but my quality of life decreased dramatically again due to horribly painful periods. back on the pill, lowest dose they could find, combined with an aspirin a day and crossed fingers. no side effects to speak of so far. RID: 8197
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

2/1/12   3     1     3     1   This pill has been an absolute nightmare. I was excited about it in the beginning! It was cheap and supposed to have lighter, shorter periods.... Except that was not the case. I got unscheduled bleeding twice per month ranging from 7 to 10 days in length each. I am not exaggerating. Every other week I was bleeding heavily, and NEVER ONCE did I get an actual on time "period". Not only that, but the mood swings and depression were absolutely awful. I was not fun to be around, the people I loved avoided me. I cried non stop during the few hours I actually was awake. I slept a lot more than a normal person should. Needless to say, this pill is**** and I'd rather take my chances with nothing than to EVER touch a hormonal birth control pill again. My life was a short version of hell for 6 months. RID: 8150
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

1/5/12   3     1     5     3   $50 with insurance, you can get $10 off card from manufacturer. I gained 10 pounds and a cup size in 5 months.It's changed my personality. I feel sad, worried, sleepless. I am exhausted, and need a nap and could fall asleep at work. I have vaginal drynness and am not interested in sex, at all. Worst of it, my face on the left side is numb (feels like I was just at dentist for filling). It has been this way for a month. It has too many side effects. Yes, I have always horrible periods but all this is even worse. They did stop my periods, I had none. I just pray I get back feeling in my face. I have not yet, I quit the pills 4 days ago. Plus, some spots on my face (discoloration) are still there. RID: 8043
Click to report rating
 1/2/12   5     2     4     3   I took Lo Loestrin for 6 months. My doctor wanted me to try it for 3 months to try to get an enlarged ovary back to normal. It worked for that. I used to have severe cramping and very heavy bleeding. With the pill that all went away. At the end of my pack I would spot for 3 days then it was over. BUT, each month I had another period after that one. About a week and a half later I would get a real period that lasted over a week. Also, my sex drive has totally disappeared and I can no longer get wet. I stopped the pill about 3 weeks ago in hopes that it is what is causing this. So far, no changes. Although it cured my oversized ovary, I do not think 2 weeks of bleeding and no libido is worth it. RID: 8037
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

12/26/11   5     1     3     1   I'm typically dubious of reviews as BC is different for everyone but Lo LoestrinFE really messed up my senior yr in college. I've taken BC for ~6yrs; switched from Yaz because of risks. Never had major complaints before. Took 2-3 packs of LoeFE and was a bit moody/cried a lot but nothing huge, except for the double periods (2x/month!) that I thought would go away. Stopped for 2mos because I wasn't sexually active then went back on. This time, it caused terrible depression/irritability, anxiety for the first time in my life, killed my sex drive and made my clear skin break out. My bf/parents noticed, I sought counseling, was on sleeping pills and considered antidepressants. I had no appetite, lost weight (sorta nice!), and got insomnia; it's hard to tell if these were directly from the BC or from the anxiety/depression. Either way, I realized the link with LoE and am stopping NOW. Mini periods are nice in theory, but I got 2/mo so didn't really work for me; $$$ too! I just don't get it. RID: 8029
Click to report rating
 12/18/11   3     2     4     4   Sigh...I'm on my third week, and up until two and a half weeks, everything seemed fine. Four days ago (over a week before I was supposed to start my period), I started getting really bad cramps, and then my period started. I went on this bcp because my periods have been so bad for a really long time. I four days, I have used 22 pads. My periods were bad before, but they seem to be worse right now. I have looked online, and have seem that others have had this problem, as well. I keep reading that it's the body getting used to the hormones...I don't know. I really want this to work, as it's the first time I've been on bc in a very long time, but I can't bleed like this for three months. I mean, am I going to have ANOTHER period in a week...will I just continue bleeding? I hope it all works itself out, but the acne, hunger, and bleeding is awful. I will keep taking it, and will update in a month or so. Wish me good stuff. RID: 8021
Click to report rating
 12/8/11   5     4     4     1   I have been on Lo Loestrin Fe since Aug. Lately I been feeling more fatigue and sometimes more anxious not sure if this is a side effect or not. No weight gain or cramps. My menstrual has been regular nothing to much out the ordinary. I really don't have any complaints other than it to darn expensive. With me not working or having any insurance I'm scared that I will probably have to end up replacing with a different birth control in my budget. RID: 8011
Click to report rating
 11/14/11   4     4     5     5   I'm in my third week of taking Lo Loestrin Fe. I take my pill every morning around 9am. During the first few days of taking the pill, I felt a little nauseous and dizzy at night. Now,in my third week, the nausea and dizziness has gone away, my skin looks a lot clearer (mild skin dryness), and my breasts feel a little sore/full. Husband has no complaints about my full breasts :)The past two days I have had break through bleeding and mild cramps but overall, I love the pill. I am going to keep taking it!! RID: 7991
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

10/4/11   5     5     5     5   Absolutely LOVE this pill. No complication, no side effects, and no period. I have tried Ortho Tricyclen (Weigth gain, and Bloating), Loestrin FE (Which was also very good), and a few others. I have also tried the Mirena, might I add Mirena was a nightmare. Between the moodiness, weight gain, uncontrollable heavy breakthru bleeding, hot flashes, and dizzy spells, I almost went crazy. This is by far the best pill, and the best form of birth control that I have tried. RID: 7957
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
     9/28/11   SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
Click to report rating
 9/17/11   3     1     4     1   Sick to stomach every day pill was taken, anxiety frequently and constant spotting. This pill was suppose to stop my ovulation which it did not as proved by an ultrasound. End of the month, made me feel like I was going crazy. Did reduce the thickness of my lining. Was attempting use for perimenopause and cysts. Do not believe product has been tested enough as it is only 11 months old at this writing. Would avoid, on multiple levels. RID: 7935
Read this rating's feedback

8/10/11   3     3     5     3   I'm 15 and started using Lo Loestrin Fe because I have been on my period for two months straight. I am not sexually active, have had an ultrasound and am going to have the problem investigated further because this pill has not stopped my period. It has been three weeks and it only becomes heavier :( I've also been set off by small things and become very obsessive with fixing problems in my life to the point where it stresses me if I cannot handle something immediately. As far as birth control pills go, the side effects to this one seem only mild compared to others. However, while my reasoning for taking the pill is likely different from yours, I just wanted to note that it has been changing my mood in a negative way, although I have not gained any weight. My **** might be bigger though. That's about it. RID: 7904
Click to report rating
 8/1/11   5     5     5     5   I experienced extreme breat tenderness the first month. The 2nd & 3rd month my period came a week early & was heavy with painful cramps. I decided to stick with it 1 more month because I did like that it did not make me moody. On the 4th month everything went back to normal cycle. My period came on time & was very light. I love this pill & Recommend you give it 3-4 months to adjust to it. I have been on bc's for 20 years & can say this is the 1st time (after initial 3 months) that I have experienced no side effects. I dont mind paying the high $45 co-pay because I feel great on it! Also as a bonus I have lost 10lbs since starting it. RID: 7900
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating

7/13/11   5     3     4     4   Better than Loestrin 24, but I am so so so fatigued. Super tired, lack of motivation, foggy head. Overall though it isn't nearly as bad as my reaction with Loestrin 24. I might check out the progesterone only pills to see if 0 Estrogen does me better, but if those are not an option for me I can def see myself sticking with this one. Not perfect but not terrible. RID: 7889
Click to report rating
 7/3/11   5     4     4     4   I just finished my first month of Lo Loestrin. So far it has been awesome! I haven't experienced any weight gain whatsoever, and my period is amazingly light. I haven't needed an actual pad at all! The one problem I have is I'm a little more anxious on the pill, but that's probably because of my pre-existing anxiety problems; the hormone dose is a little too low to help me with those. But seriously, minimal cramps, minimal bleeding, and so far none of the scary side-effects they list in the packet that made me get off Loestrin 24 and Yaz! RID: 7883
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
     6/29/11   SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

6/28/11   3     1     1     1   I really didn't expect to have any side effects from this pill. But immediately after starting to take this pill i began to develop anxiety and paranoia that made it hard for me to deal with even the smaller things in my life. I had mood swings, my thoughts became obsessive and hard to control, my emotions were all over the place. I was weeping for little or no reason, i was having trouble sleeping. One day I took the pill on a near empty stomach, when I tried to eat later I quickly became very nauseous. I can hardly even portray to you how anxious and scared this pill made me. I took it for about 3 weeks and finally decided that it was not worth it. I stopped taking it two days ago and I already feel better and happier! I know that it was pill because I am gnerally a very positive happy and strong person. As far as acne, my skin did feel smoother and I had no more breakouts. Unfortunately I have to say this pill was a nightmare for me. I even had nightmares while taking this pill. RID: 7878
Click to report rating
 6/20/11   3     4     3     1   I've been on it for a week so i guess its too early to rate its effectiveness. The first 2 days i experienced nausea, but nothing out of control. I have not gained any weight so far but have lost appetite instead. My face has cleared. no mood changes unlike Loestrin 24 Fe which always had me in a very good mood and happy. Yesterday i spotted a little bit which i think its normal. Today i have been cramping and bleeding and my **** are tender which is kinda freaking me out. I had been off bc for a year so hopefully this is just until my body adjusts to the pill. The value is RIDICOLOUS! I have insurance and pay $73.00 which is a little pricey for me. I am for it a 60% I guess i will give it a try until the end of the month. If not im definetely switching. Theres nothing completely amazing about this one that thrills me in roder to keep [aying 73 a month. But again its really soon to say so i guess ill post again by the end of my pack. Good luck! RID: 7872
Click to report rating
 6/13/11   5     4     5     5   This was my last ditch effort before I bit the bullet and got a copper IUD. My concerns with birth control are primarily moodiness and anxiety. I typically don't feel like myself on birth control. I'm either really anxious or so moody I feel like a crazy person. To give you some background, I was on Loestrin 24 until about 3 months ago and just finished my first month of Lo Loestrin and I think I like it. I did have some minor spotting as is expected the first few months but I have to say spotting on Lo-Loestrin was a cake walk compared to regular loestrin. I also have to wonder if my not being on anything for a couple months helped my body normalize so it wasn't as bad. Anyway I have felt Great and apart from some slight sleepiness & irritability on the last two pills I'd go as far as to say my period was almost pleasant. There was very little cramping and it was extremely light-lasting about 3 days. This is only my first month, so I'll update this after I finish my 3 month trail. :o) RID: 7866
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    6/10/11   5     3     3     4   I've been taking it for 2 months and am starting my third month of lo loestrin. My biggest concern is the depression side effect of oral contraceptives and this birth control has been generally pretty good for me. I didn't have any period after the first month and spotted 2 weeks into the 2nd so that was a little unexpected! I used to be on the generic tri sprintec and it was AWFUL! I was depressed all the time. This is a huge improvement. The biggest downside is the cost - I pay $40 a month with my copay and a discount card from my doctor. Can't wait til there's generics! :) RID: 7864
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    6/6/11   3     1     1     3   I've been on this pill for only 5 days, and after today I am stopping it immediately. I started the new pack on the first day of my period, as instructed. Since then I have had cramps every single day and bleeding that has been progressively heavier as each day goes by. Today, while standing in line at the store, I felt myself "leaking" through my underwear and immediately went to the restroom to find that I was bleeding like crazy. Usually during this time of my period (5 days in) it is extremely light. Being on the pill is NOT worth the unnecessary cramping and bleeding! Unfortunately I cannot rate the value since I got my starter pack for free from the doctor. It seems from other reviews it is very expensive though. RID: 7857
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
     6/5/11   5     2     5     3   I am 34 and have been on and off bc since i was 18 - desogen then loestrin, now lo-loestrin. I was fine when i first started lle in march 2011. then recently in april/may i got breakthrough bleeding during the 3rd week of pills. I was on regular loestrin before and felt horrible - mood swings and weight gain. switching to LLE i 10 lbs came right off - w/o trying. but this breakthrough bleeding scares me. doc said it was stress, but again? this month? doesn't seem normal to me. RID: 7856
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    6/3/11   3     1     1     1   I hate it! I have been taking Loestrin 24 fe since like 10 years ago,& it's great! This pill, lo loestrin has been he'll thus far. I started it 2 weeks ago, and I have cramps like crazy!! It isn't even time for my period! I started bleeding at the beginning of week 2, and I still am at the end of this week! Bad for me and my husband!! My hunger is never satisfied! It has helped my headaches, but I will pass! After I finish this pack, I'm goin back to the regular! RID: 7855
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/30/11   5     4     5     5   LOVE IT! I have been on basically on many pills, nuvaring, and mirena..i always experienced major anxiety, nausea, and headaches. Just finished month one of LLE and I absolutely love it the ONLY downside I have found to LLE is it makes me SO hungry, aside from that everything has been great. Waiting to see how it affects my period; 2 days of bleeding or 7 days of bleeding I would still definitely recommend this pill to those who are sensitive to hormones! RID: 7852
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
     5/27/11   5     5     5     5   So far so good...I haven't been on the pill in years and after dealing with some pretty nasty side effects from ortho-tri-cyclen, desogen, and the generic form of mircette, I was extremely hesitant to get back on the pill. My doctor put me on this pill specifically to stabilize my hormones and minimize the horrible blood sugar fluctuations I was having during ovulation and menstruation. I have type 1 juvenile diabetes and unstable monthly hormones wreak havoc on blood sugar control. I am a very thin person so I was worried about weight gain with this pill, but so far, have experience none. No breast tenderness either. I have experienced a bit of nausea but nothing extreme or unmanageable. My sleeps patterns have not changed and I have not experienced any headache, anxiety, or depression. My moods have also remained stable and I certainly can't say that about the other pills I have been on. This is on my first month on lo loestrin, but this is by far the best pill I have ever been on. RID: 7850
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
     5/24/11   4     3     5     1   I have been on Lo Loestrin for 3 months. The first month I had horrible nausea and a period that lasted two weeks. I have pcos and used to take Loestrin 24. I have tried every birth control out there and by the 3rd month, this one has made my PMS so much lesser and I have less migraines. Now, I really like it however, on month 2 I begin to develop some small acne, and considering I have always had clear skin is the downside. Im torn between migraines and nice skin! So im overall happy with it and going to see if a cleanser will help. RID: 7847
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/17/11   3     5     5     2   I started BC in January. I started with LoEstrun FE 24. Before starting the pill I lost over 30 lbs. On LoEstrin 24 I gained back 10 in the first month. I was hungry all the time and vey moody! So my doctor switched me to LO LO Estrin. I am not hungry all the time lime I was on the regular LO pill and my moodiness has gone away. I would definitely recommend this pill. The only drawbacks are that with insurance it is still costing me $89.99/month. And, if I forget to take it before bed and take it the next morning I experience some breakthrough bleeding (probably b/c it is LO LO! As for effective. I am taking it for a contraceptive, but we use backup so I really can't tell you how effective it is on it's own. RID: 7842
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/17/11   5     5     5     3   No side effects, very light periods. On my 3rd month, and no weight gain. Had a bit of a long period the first month, but since then, it's been perfect. The only gripe I have is that because it's so new, it's crazy expensive. $45 a month even with health insurance. If you rate it inconvenient because you forget to take it, that nobody's fault but your own. It's not going to remember for you. Get an IUD. RID: 7841
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/17/11   3     3     3     3   I haven't started taking this yet, so I gave it an average rating. I was wondering if anyone has ever had any stomach troubles:Gas,bloating,upset stomach,nausea with this pill?? I have with all others so I'm nervous to try it. It being so new there are no reviews, so anything will help! Thanks! RID: 7840
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/16/11   5     3     5     5   Just switched from Loestrin 24. So far things are looking good. I think I will try haning in there until the initial three months are over. I am super hungry at times though. RID: 7839
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/10/11   3     2     4     2   i have been taking bc for around 4 years and been on different kinds this one has made me nauseous every morning and night and its the end of my seconds month it was easy to remember to take but it makes me feel like im dragging myself around. i have actually been able to lose weight while on this pill but i havent had a period since the middle of my first month and only a few days of spotting and the stress on my body from the side effects are making me paranoid about everything around me like my friends and family i recommend it if you have taken something stronger and want to downgrade but if switching from nuvaring it is actually a higher dose and will probably make you feel way different and have a really upset stomach. RID: 7833
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/8/11   5     1     5     3   I am 52 and went on LLE to prevent ovulation at my age and because I had a really heavy period. It's been 5 weeks since I started taking the LLE. There have been little to no side effects, a little thickening through the middle maybe, but I have been bleeding DAILY (like a light period) since day 4. Not good for a marriage. RID: 7832
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    5/6/11   5     5     5     5   Started this pill one month ago, I am usually very sensitive to birth control pills as I usually get every side effect possible. With lo loestrin I have not felt anything no nausea, bloating, or headaches. I am very happy with this pill!!! RID: 7831
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    4/29/11   3     5     5     5   I started taking this pill a month ago (I switched from Lo Estrin 24 FE). I lost almost 10 pounds in the first month and have had a lot more energy, no headaches, less crabby, etc. The only complaint I have is that I haven't gotten my period. Now--I am currently in the process of a "freak out" so I am not sure of it's effectiveness. If anyone has any information about this please respond with a new post. RID: 7826
Read this rating's feedback
Click to report rating    4/27/11   4     4     4     4   I have been using Loloestrin for 2months now. Overall I am very pleased. The only effect I have seen was initial increase in acne and breast tenderness, but that was only the first month, by the second month that had cleared up. I did see a lessening in my menstrual period and no break through bleeding. I would recommend this birth control. RID: 7824
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    4/22/11   2     1     2     2   i first started loestrin 24 fe it was great but cuase facial hair, my doc change to the lo loestrin fe an it was the biggest mistake i made. my period came when i have 10 more blue pills to go. had my period forr two weeks. my doc said let try it for two more month. i'm on the two month same thing with cramps from hell. i think its time change to a next birthcontro. RID: 7821
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    4/6/11   2     2     4     4   43, great first month other than nausea as noted on box. Nothing period, no mood swings and libdo back but increased night sweats. Worth it to get grove back but 2nd month break thru bleed and crazy mood is back?? How long am I supposed to "try" these things. Not happy, either is anyone around me. RID: 7800
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    4/1/11   5     5     3     5   im rating Lo Loestrin Fe 10. EFFECTIVENESS: it does what it says it will do. SIDE EFFECTS: at first i was scared to try this because of the other user's comments but if anything it has decreased my anger haha. It has NOT increased my acne, it has gotten rid of some of it. CONVENIENCE: there are mornings I forget to take it. VALUE: over all great! This is my first birth control pill and it is working great for me. I would really recomend this. RID: 7794
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
     3/25/11   4     1     4     1   This is the WORST birth control I have ever tried. Right after I began taking it i started to develop horrible hunger pains all the time, even after I had just eaten. Even though I continued to eat as I normally do I have gained 8 pounds which I cant shed even with way more exercise than I usually do. My skin has gotten really dry and the skin on my feet and fingers have started to peel. I NEVER have acne but after i started taking this small acne began to appear on my chest and cheeks. Heightened irrtability and anxiety. Sore **** all the time which I also have never encountered. I only have 2 pills left and I cant even believe I made it through the whole month, its been a nightmare and women should be warned. RID: 7779
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    3/11/11   4     4     5     2   I am only on it 2 weeks but so far it's not bad. My **** feel like they are getting fuller and had a little anxiety but nothing too bad. My sex drive feels a little less but I am going to stick with it at least 3 months and see what happens. RID: 7760
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    3/11/11   5     1     4     1   i hated this pill so much. it made me so angry, anxious, moody and just awful. im switching to mircette so i hate that is better. RID: 7759
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    3/1/11   5     5     5     5   Love it! i am currently on it and have not had n e brake through bleeding! I've been on it for a little over 1 1/2 months, and i thinks its awesome! I only get my period for 2 days, hardly n e cramping or bloating! I love this pill!!! RID: 7743
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/21/11   3     1     3     3   Im 21" I was on ortho try lo before. which was horrible made me feel like i was going crazy. but it did regulate my periods and stop my cramps. I went off the pill for a few years and was given this pill and was told it would regulate my mood better and lighten my periods " which were 4-5 days". it has been 2 month now... and i have spotted thru the whole thing. i have cramps that feel like contractions, I have been soo tired. and my breats have been so painful it hurts to sleep. I will be going 0ff this pill. :) good luck RID: 7731
Registered users can respond publicly to this rating
Click to report rating    2/15/11   5     3     5     5   I just started taking this today. I was taking Lo Seasonique which was the worst pill ever!! I gained 20lbs in 3 months, was depressed & broke out. Hopefully Lo Loestrin Fe changes this!! I'll rate it in 3 months. This is a new BC. I gave it a 3 for side effects since I don't know much yet. I think with the lower amount of hormones I should feel better soon! RID: 7722
Rate this drug

Add these ratings to your own website
* Rating left by a registered user

Best Rated Drugs in birth control / contraceptives